Sam broadcaster and your host

Status
Not open for further replies.

djradiox

Reaction score
Hi there !

First of all thanks for offering such amazing service for free , i do appreciate it . Yesterday i did try to install phpnuke in your website and of course all went fine and smooth without any problem or hassle . But it seems i had one problem is connecting phpnuke with sambroadcaster mysql , i did a search in your forum and i've seen so many people had the same problem by trying to connect to their sql port . and the answer was simply that your host doesn't allow outgoing connection to the sql port , also i come across one thread where it say we should apply for sql by giving the ip of where the sql server will be running . If yes how i could apply for it please.

Thanks.

jfshoste

Reaction score
Hello djradiox,

I'm not familiar with "sambroadcaster", I am very familiar with PHPNuke (very good CMS if you ask me), but I am guessing this software integrates directly via direct MySQL connection for a website to show current song title/boradcasting information for a webradio station?

Through cpanel there is an option to add exceptions to the list for remote MySQL access, on the free service this probably doesn't work as it opens up another potential security hole.

Looking at the website for "sambroadcaster" you only have the option of: MSSQL (unsupported here) or Firebird (unsupported here).

Your only other alternative at this point is to use different software, for example: SHOUTCast or IceCast or find a host which specifically allows REMOTE MySQL access (Which I believe will probably require a paid for hosting plan).

Might be worth double checking this with an administrator here, either way I hope this properly answers your question!

Regards
Jim,

Status
Not open for further replies.