school firewall help(not hacking passed it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xempttt

Reaction score
whenever i try to go to any site that is hosted by x10 at school i get a loophole error. what does this mean?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I`m not sure I have never heard of a loophole error, did you google it to see what it means ?

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
That happened to me but sorted it because i used a dll my friend gave me and it stops the schools RM 3 from stoping you and bloking in for mation to your desk top but it has to be stored in local hard disk and now i can not acses that! so i work from home on it!:nuke:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
yah, my school has it too BESS security classifies all sites HOSTED by x10 as loopholes and x10hosting.com is still accesible... its really rather strange... it also blocks all game sites, thats including WoW and such even though you can't even play those threw the website. If you use proxy software you can get around it and it isn't hacking =/

Conor

Reaction score
Yes my school uses BESS too. Anybody know a way to get around it?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
My school uses that also so dose the library... I hate BESS!!! YOU RUINDED MY FUN SCHOOL TIME!!!!

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
um i will ask my brother, i know of a program that lets you make a proxy so you can get around it...

n4tec

Reaction score
How to install the Circumventor program, which gets around all Web-blocking software

This page describes how to install the "Circumventor" program, which can be used to get around all Web blocking programs, from the "Great Firewall of China" to the Net Nanny program on someone's home computer.

However, Please Note!! You don't actually install the Circumventor on the computer that is blocked from accessing Web sites. You, or a friend of yours, has to install the Circumventor on some other machine which is not censored. Once your friend has installed the Circumventor on their machine, the install program will give them a URL that points to their new Circumventor. They can then give that URL to you, and you can use the URL on your censored machine to bypass Web censorship.

For example, if you want to get around Web blocking at work, don't install the Circumventor on your work computer. Install the Circumventor on your home computer. When the installer is done, it will give you the URL for your new Circumventor, and then you write that URL down and take it in with you to work, where you can use that URL to bypass the Web blocking there. Similarly, if you're in China and blocked from accessing certain sites, don't install the Circumventor on a machine in China; instead, get a friend to install it outside China, and then they can send you the URL that you can use to access banned sites.
How to install the Circumventor

The machine where you install the Circumventor must have a fast Internet connection (not dial-up), and it must be running Windows XP or 2000. (If you don't know how to find this out, then you suck. OK, you don't suck, but you probably shouldn't be installing the Circumventor, because it does require a little bit of knowledge to run it -- it's not really for beginners.) Also, once you install the Circumventor on your machine, the Circumventor will only work as long as you have your machine turned on and connected to the Internet, so you should only install it on machines that are online more or less all the time. (If you disconnect from the Internet and reconnect later, the Circumventor may start working again, but only if you have what's called a "static IP address".)

To install:

1. First, click this link to open a new window, which will tell you whether or not your machine is able to receive incoming connections. (When your browser says "The publisher cannot be determined" and asks if you want to install the Java applet, say Yes. In technical terms, the applet opens a "listening" connection on port 1238 on your computer and then tests whether outside computers are able to connect to it.) If your machine is able to receive incoming connections, then proceed.
2. Download ActivePerl from this link and install it. It must be installed to C:\Perl (this should be the default). Accept all of the default options.
3. Download OpenSA 2.0.2 beta from this link and install it. Again, it must be installed to C:\OpenSA (this should be the default). Accept all of the default options. (If you get to a screen titled "Server Information" and it doesn't have values filled in for "Network Domain", "Server Name" and "Administrator's Email Address", just fill in these boxes with made-up random values -- the Circumventor doesn't use them.)
4. Download the circumventor-setup.exe program from this link and run it.

If the circumventor-setup.exe program succeeds, it will display an "It's ready!" page at the end of the install. If it fails, it will create a file circumventor-setup-log.txt -- send that file to bennett@peacefire.org and we will try to figure out what went wrong.

Happy surfing!
Special thanks

This project was made possible by the existence of the following programs, which are generously given away for free by their authors:

* OpenSA, the Open Server Architecture project, by Daniel Reichenbach -- the Web server that encrypts communications traffic and forms the backbone of the circumventor.
* CGIProxy by James Marshall -- the CGI script which fetches blocked Web pages.
* Windows NT/2000/XP Utilities by Luis Carlos Castro Skertchly.
* Perl by Larry Wall.

Or use the link provided by Mav3rick...

Matt

Reaction score
one thing to try is getting labled by the icra. http://icra.org

get it labled with exacctly what is on your site, place the givin code in between the <head> and </head> tags in every page of your site, and you should be fine.

the label tells programs like Bess wether or not to allow a site. if it is not listed as allowed or blocked and has even a few of the blocked "keywords" it will automatically block your site.

hope that helps :eek:riginal:

03moscropl

Flash Freak
Reaction score
that nothing to RM 3
i hate that piece of crap:cat: they can watch you log you off and take over you computer and this this thing that says your atention is requared (ban spelling):eek:nline2lo there is a thing called printer points were if you run out you need to buy more OMG cheap and you can use a cerentain amount of space 50mb:crying:.

we mamnged to make it work at our school by unplugging it from the net work and using a satlite card or i made my self a admin by wacking the computer.:pinch:
now i am in control and no teacher can stop me

SailorStud

Reaction score
If your site is on the x10 domain, then your school's (or district's) proxie server might block it (I know mine does). I kind of figured that out because I had my domain orginally on the x10 domain and when I tried to show a teacher my site, it blocked it. I now have it on the exofire domain (ehich my school does not know about hehe) and it doesn't block.

adrenlinerush

Reaction score
man schools security have changed alot in 5-9 yrs... my hs used a program called fortress to lock down thier system... i just used a windows boot floppy to and changed the autoexec file so it never loaded... the days of windows 98 lol

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
man schools security have changed alot in 5-9 yrs...

They've also changed a lot in the 2 years this topic was dead before SailorStud bumped it ;)

Future note to all forum users who read not only x10hosting but other forums as well: READ THE LAST POST DATE! Saves embarassing moments like bumping a topic that's been dead for years on end.

Seems to be related to searching though since searches tend to bring back stuff on the last page.

Slinki

Reaction score
Could just ask your Admin to unblock the particular site? Aslong as they aren't dodgy, and can be put under review to have a quick check and won't take up your time.

Or you could kiss up to a teacher to get it unblocked.

But yes, Proxies, Firefox portable with relevant information etc

Status
Not open for further replies.