Script for a public photo gallery

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm sure you can find one via Google, using terms such as "script PHP photo uploader"

But let me remind you, such scripts are not allowed on the Free Hosting accounts and will get an account suspended.

michaeldjtan38

Reaction score
There could be good plugins for great CMS like joomla and wordpress, but, it could eat up HUGE amount of resources and thus could make you suspended. Try to find repository plugins from forementioned CMS, you might be surprised.

miguelkp

Reaction score
If you know PHP, you can always try the Google Picasa API for PHP (using Zend library) and make yourself the script. Your visitors should be able to upload photos and they won't use x10hosting resources in terms of disk storage. That can help avoiding account suspensions due to hit resource limit.
Google APIs are quite easy to use, once you know what you're doing, and there are quite a lot of code examples out there.

Regardless of what script you finally use, there are other things, however, that can lead to account suspensions. So, you will have to somehow 'moderate' the uploaded photos. Rememeber that you, and only you, are responsible of what your site shows, its content (even if that content is not stored in x10hosting servers, strictly speaking)

I mean, you have to make sure that photos uploaded by users:
  1. haven't got copyright.
    No Warez: Absolutely under no circumstances do we allow any type of illegal or copyrighted material on our servers. Breaking this rule will get you a permanent suspension, we have a zero tolerance policy regarding this.
  2. aren't 'adult material'.
    Adult Material: Adult material is strictly forbidden on our free hosting services.
  3. will be accesible by other visitors anywhere in your site (so your website becomes an 'album repository')
    File Hosting: Every file on your site must have to do with the website you put up, we are not a file storage service

Last edited: