Scripting a template.

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
I've noticed with templates when it doesn't matter how much you type, you will never run out of room because it automatically expands as you type beyond the spot, and the footer moves down with it. How do you do this, and is it possible with HTML>?

VPmase

Reaction score
That happens will all web-based programming languages. It will automatically add a newline when you reach your limits of the last line.

vTech

Reaction score
not quite sure what the question is but if you want to finish up the line to fill up a new line type
Code:
<br>
for example
Code:
This is an example<br>of creating a new line.

will produce

This is an example
of creating new line.

pardon me if you were expecting for something else but i dun really quite understand the question...:dunno:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
if you're using frames it won't do it, if the div container (in table-less xhtml) has the overflow set, it also won't do it. otherwise, it will do it automatically, unless you're using absolute positioning on everything.

a link to your site would help, so we can know what's going on... ;)

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Well i'm just very confused because the way I made my template was in photoshop, then I sliced it. I put all the images in frontpage.... but I can only type as big as the template is, if I run out of room, no new line will start. Will it be fine if I just use wordpad?

Agrunyan

Reaction score
Well i'm just very confused because the way I made my template was in photoshop, then I sliced it. I put all the images in frontpage.... but I can only type as big as the template is, if I run out of room, no new line will start. Will it be fine if I just use wordpad?

If your using a table, it should automatically break. But if your using a div area, in css do this..

<style type="text/css">

#yourid {
width: [DEFINE IT];
height: [DEFINE, No auto];
word-break: break-word;
}

</style>

Alex R

wiileg3nd

Reaction score
Do you think I should use a table to make things easier, because I can confirm I'm usign a div area.