Search Engine Optimization

neopartner.design24

Reaction score
Google Guidelines

Lets start our first discussion with the basic topic, google guidelines. According to google guidelines: an acceptable website should meet their requirements, Google made a strict rules about URLs, links, texts, and images, furthermore Google also made another strict and also warnings for website about technical specifications, such as redirection, link building etc. See their guidelines here from the Google Webmaster Central

But what I want to ask you all is the content of pages, the use of graphical, interactive design with java, flash, ajax etc. are nice to visitors, with these technology visitors has a pleasant experiences, but contrarily search engine’s bots have a big trouble (if not blinded) to crawl the page, but provide only texts and images might turn the website into “newspaper” kind of site. If you are a decision maker for a website, what would you do, following Google guidelines only to get higher search engine score or just ignore their rules and give the best experiences to your visitors?

Lets discuss more about SEO and expand our network together

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I tend to focus more on user experience while still trying to keep somewhat of a balance between being search engine friendly and user friendly. It's now very possible to achieve both.

A good user experience increases the chance that someone will link to and recommend your site, which will increase the number of backlinks to your site, which in turn should help in Google search.

I try to avoid using Flash entirely because personally, even though Flash is pretty, it's horrible for SEO and personally, I don't find the user experience that great here.

How to add my site in google?

Google will typically find your site automatically if there are other sites linked to it. It is highly recommended that you add your site to Google Webmaster Tools: http://www.google.com/webmasters

This will also provide you with lots of statistics about how your site is performing in Google as well as tips and suggestions from Google.

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
A crawlable site is also an accessible site -- you don't need to "cripple" a site to make it accessible to both indexing spiders and disabled users (including users whose "disability" is simply having JavaScript disabled, often by corporate IT policy, or using a mobile device). Flash is for the birds -- unless you are displaying video, providing interactive entertainment (games, etc.) or doing a 360-degree product rotation display, there is no good excuse for using Flash. (You do know that Flash won't work on the new Apple devices, right? And that a lot of people, like myself, block Flash in the browser?) And tell me -- what good is a really cool site that nobody can find because it never makes it past page 30 in the search results?

Build a site that follows Google's guidelines, and use progressive enhancement to make it dance and sing for users without major disabilities. Do that, and you will not only increase your chances of being discovered, but you will also create a site that more people can use on more kinds of devices. Do it right, and everybody gets the best possible experience using your site. Don't do it, and I'll call you what you are: lazy -- and Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo and everybody else will just ignore you.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes
Build the site more user friendly.Thats the tagline.
User experience is a must but noting the fact that google reads only charecters but not images currently.
Else all other blackhats fail over time.

clara811242

Reaction score
This will also provide you with lots of statistics about how your site is performing in Google as well as tips and suggestions from Google.

its great!! ;)