Second domain management question

bbuenox1

Reaction score
I found that we can set up to 3 domains in x10hosting. I created a second one but... how I should manage files for this second domain? I mean, I have in the "File Manager" all files with my first domain working from a index.php in the "public_html" folder, but where should I put files for the second domain?
Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
/domains/your.domain/public_html/

There is a /public_html symlink for the default domain. "Domain Setup" to manage domains.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Hi Ctyrd,
I can access to the menu Account Manager > Domain setup and there I can see my 2 domains. One of them has a bolder font to show that it is the default one. I understand that by checking the second one and marking it as "Set as default" the mail adress working will be the second one but... here is the question: Can I have 2 domains working at the same time with my x10hosting account?

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
Yes!! You can have 3 with x10 free. Look in the directory folder /domains/

Last edited:

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Sorry, I think I am not explaining myself good enough. I do know that I have 3 domains. The problem I have is that only one of them is settled as default. When I put in internet one of ones that is not selected as default the address doesn´t show nothing (it appears a message saying "Welcome to the home of seconddomain.x10.bz. To change this page, upload your website into the public_html directory").

So that´s what I´m asking for: Can I have 3 domains working at the same time? How can I manage to have a "public_html" for each of them where to find files to load each website?

You told me to look in directory/domains, where is this menu? Can you send me an screenshot to see how do it looks like?
The menu I´m seeing doesn´t allow to set a folder for to each website at the same time as I told you before.

Hoping to make me more clear this time.
Thanks!

ctyrd

Reaction score
Look in the /domains/ directory
File Manager
Upload files to
default domain: /domains/default.domain/public_html
second domain: /domains/second.domain/public_html
third domain: /domains/third.domain/public_html
domains-folder.png fm-domains.png
There is a /public_html symlink for the default domain.
fm-symlink.png

Last edited:

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Yes, thanks. I was trying to find it in the x10 control panel, not in the file directory.
Thanks again!

Now I have a new problem: In this second domain I uploaded a Wordpress installation but when I try to enter to the website (let´s say secondomain.x10.bz) displays this error message :

"

Esta página no funciona​

La página secondomain.x10.bz no puede procesar esta solicitud ahora.

HTTP ERROR 500
"

Translation: "This page doesn´t work. The secondomain.x10.bz page cannot process this request now."

This same Wordpress installation worked perfectly in my first domain. Why is this error? Why is not working in the second domain?
Thanks again!

Last edited:

ctyrd

Reaction score
This same Wordpress installation worked perfectly in my first domain. Why is this error? Why is not working in the second domain?
Thanks again!

The HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) 500 Internal Server Error response code indicates that the server encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request.

"Same WP installation"?? Sounds like a config issue.

bbuenox1

Reaction score
That´s fine. It needed to erase old database to create a new one. It´s working now. Thanks!
One more question: the new domain folder contains files that I don´t understand what they are used for. Their names are: 400.shtml, 401.shtml, 403.shtml, 404.shtml, 500.shtml and a folder called "cgi-bin". What are they for? Do I need them?
Thanks!

bbuenox1

Reaction score
Fine thanks. My first domain doesn´t have those .shtml files. Are they completely necessary to run the website?
Thanks!