Security update wordpress 3.0.5 impossible on free account

ulrich.riemann31

Reaction score
Just tried this automatic wordpress security update on my free account, but I got suspended twice for excessive use of system resources. Looks like it involves a database update that runs for some time. Shouldn't this be possible (for security reasons) somehow without upgrading to a paid subscription?

I really like your service and was already considering upgrading but I think people shouldn't be forced into it in such a way, should they?

Ulrich

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
There's usually a Manual Upgrade method beside doing an Automatic Upgrade; try doing the manual one instead. The problem isn't always that it's running for too long, but that it also is sending the cpu and/or ram above the maximum allowed for too long (for instance, going above 25% for 30 seconds - that's a bad thing).

ulrich.riemann31

Reaction score
After three rounds of suspension and reactivation I wanted to give up, but mysteriously suddenly the upgraded wordpress version showed up as installed. Looks like there was just enough time at last for the upgrade process to slip through before suspension hit again.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Betting it does it the vBulletin way of updating - don't do what's already done, just keep going :)

atl200019

Reaction score
Just tried this automatic wordpress security update on my free account, but I got suspended twice for excessive use of system resources. Looks like it involves a database update that runs for some time. Shouldn't this be possible (for security reasons) somehow without upgrading to a paid subscription?

I really like your service and was already considering upgrading but I think people shouldn't be forced into it in such a way, should they?

Ulrich

Don't worry, just be patient with this hosting. Lots of ups and downs since I started with WordPress here :-( Kinda frustrating but it's free so hard to beat.