see what other program install in other Lan PC ?

KSclans

Reaction score
How can I see what other program the other PC in the LAN network without going to the computer? like my friends dad want to see what his son have on his PC but he have password, so how to know what kind of program he have?

Noodles8

Reaction score
Using the main administrator account you should be able to see what all is installed for any given user. If the master account is passworded, then you're out of luck. As you're basically asking for hacking advice.

KSclans

Reaction score
wait.. it different computer in the same LAN network not the same PC accouts right? or are there a master accout thingy for LAN?

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
No, You can't see what's on another PC without a password and a RDC. There's no such thing as a master account thingy

KSclans

Reaction score
um... because his dad suspect he using some kind of program that really slow down the internet because now their PC load websites very slow...

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
I never asked why, His Dad should just ask to see what's on the PC, or ask if they're downloading anything.

Noodles8

Reaction score
I didnt notice the LAN part. I was simply talking about the window user accounts. That's my fault.

If they want to see if its their sons computer causing the issue. Simply remove his computer from the network and retest the connection speed. If it goes up, its something on his computer. If it stays the same, than it should for the most part, rule him out.

KSclans

Reaction score
ahhh... after I click on all the buttons about internet connects in the control panel so

control panel > network and internet connections > network connections > interenet connections > (right click-properties) >Settings

and there you can see the services and his son using utorrent... which is bad thing if you know what that is.... and he got >>busted<< by his dad

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
....What? That makes no sense. There's no window that shows what services that are using internet. Please take a screen shot of this to show us.

xPlozion

Reaction score
well, utorrent isn't bad, but how some people use it are. many linux distro's use bittorrent to distribute their os (legit), but there are groups, such as TPB and others that use it for _illegal_ purposes (music, movies, apps, games, etc).

Simply having bittorrent (utorrent) installed isn't a bad thing, neither is running it, just his purposes ;)

xmakina

Reaction score
If he's got an internet usage concern, check the Router port tables. It'll list all the internet services linked to his sons machine and he should be able to close them. Add a password to the router and you're done.

Of course, he could just talk to his son about it but this is a tech forum, not family support :)

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It all depends what is in the file being shared if it is "bad". But, maybe it is because it is using to many internet resources...

Could you show us how he saw the services running on the other PC?

Last edited: