Sega's new console coming soon

masterpj55

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I know this for quite a long while now.
But sega is going to make a new console

(yeah who would have thought that)

I have seen a video of it.

And their are actually 2 console's coming out.
where one of the 2 is more powerfull.
I know the name's sound really really silly.
but the names are:

RingEdge and RingWide :lol:

RingWide is a home console
and
RingEdge an Arcade console

Both are touch screen arcade boards. Except RINGEDGE will be a HD console and RINGWIDE a On-live like streaming device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=423FSWYM-gM
Here is an early display of both consoles

I will buy this when it''s out :D

I notified some stores already
and they looked it up and said to me they will preorder it as soon as possible
The specs of both i can't find anymore but you should be able to find it

Happy new year everyone

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Where'd you hear RingEdge was a home console? Wiki seems to indicate they're both arcade machine boards:

The Ring series of arcade machines are also based on PC architecture.

There is this, but it's unconfirmed (the very last part)

Sega also approved a patent for USB Flash Memory cards and Hard drive on July 7, 2009.[30]Although the Hard Drive remains unexplained, Japanese Arcades have long had access to items such as floor mats and USB flash drives unlike their American counterparts(please scroll down when you reach the page on the link) [1].Because of these patents, rumors have been spreading that Sega is going to release a new home console based on Ring hardware in 2010 or 2011. Sega has yet to clarify exactly why these patents were issued, possibly because these rumors may be true.[30]

Specs:

Ring Edge:

Ring Wide:
RingWide specifications

Ringwide's less powerful than the ring edge from what I can see.

Citing source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_arcade_system_boards#RingEdge

Personally, I have high doubts Sega's going to try to dip back into the home console wars - they're doing just fine in arcades, and wiki's got the specs tagged under arcade system boards - that's not home stuff...

EDIT: Checked the video; that honestly looks way too much like a pc on the back for me to think it's a home console. Look at the back of an xbox 360; there's not nearly that many ports on the back.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just adding in case anyone's wondering why he's saying I'm right, he had RingEdge and RingWide swapped in his original post; there's a game Border Break already slated for the Ring Edge hardware, and it's tagged as being an Upright Cabinet arcade game.

Other than that I do have to admit defeat on one point - I can't confirm whether or not Ring Wide is a home thing or not, although it doesn't appear to look like one from a specs point of view.