selling ajax interface temporary email site script for $22

Status
Not open for further replies.

tittbit12

Banned
Reaction score
i am selling [a script I don't have resale rights on] for $22.

any one interested please email me or reply via this forum

Edit by Livewire: Yeah, you got in trouble the last time you tried this back in July. Not gunna happen.

Last edited by a moderator:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You seem to have put this on every forum on the net XD

~Callum

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Well, considering that you didn't even write this script, I don't know how you think you have the rights to redistribute it. I quote from your own script named '2prong.js':
/*
2Prong.js
Copyright 2006 by Mark Percival - Percival Industries, LLC
*/
Also, if you're only selling that single AJAX script then you are charging $22 for little over 220 (Coincidental pricing?) lines of really rather simple code, which by my books is more than a rip off.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, considering that you didn't even write this script, I don't know how you think you have the rights to redistribute it.

I would agree. We ran into this the -last- time he posted this script for sale (the topic itself has since been deleted). No proof was given back then that he had the rights to sell it either (it -is- free software), but given that the account went away (zero tolerance for script hosting, hammering-resources/ajax reload) there wasn't much use pursuing it.

However now that we're on the same subject -again- and I'm unable to find anything anywhere that states it's something he can legally sell when it isn't his, we're moving this past a permanent suspension of his hosting account to banning the forum account.

Closing the topic; hope it was worth $0 to try and sell software you didn't have sales-redist rights on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.