Selling photographs....good idea?

Darkkon

Reaction score
I'm just wondering, how effective a strategy is it to sell photographs? I mean, you can visit quite a few "photography" sites that look nice and everything, but how successful are they really? Does anyone have a site such as this that sells pictures, and if so, how successful is it?

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you trying to sell pictures online (e.g. JPG pictures) or something like 4"x6" pictures?

withambition

Reaction score
Like most things, selling images takes time. Some people have been fairly successful selling stock photos at a website such as shutterstock.com; however, I've never personally tried out the service so I can't judge how difficult it would be.

Jordie92

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing that formy photography site.

However I havnt fully thought it through yet.

vinayan

Reaction score
if your a professional photographer you can win, otherwise you need to invest a big amount of money.

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
If you are not a pro photographer, the best thing you can do is go to a website that will sell your photos for you. For all of your pictures, you can have a link that will lead back to a website you built, that will sell all of your photos in one place.

But, I would say that the success rate is pretty low. As long as you would not be depending on the site for money, there is no harm in pursuing such a thing.

Alessandro1112

Reaction score
Hello dear i also say you that if you are a professional photographer and take natura photos then you shoud be display your captured photos in a photo exibtion in any where in your city and tag the price this is the best way to sale out or you can also make a official web site for sale out your photography...