Sending bulk mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Does anyone have any idea on how I can go about sending emails to the 1,000+ people on my forum without flooding the system? I'd heard some complaints about bandwidth overuse so I'm concerned about that. However, I need to find a way of sending emails to these people without being a server nuisance.

Any thoughts, anyone please..???

:nuts:

Cynical

Reaction score
Definitely don't send all of them at once, and if you HAVE to send that many emails, aim to do it at a quite hour, like late night GMT-5 or sometime when the stress won't effect too many people. Maybe you can rig a script to send a certain number of emails every X minutes for two or three hours, that way the stress will be spread out instead of wrecking havoc all at once.

Corey or Bryon will be able to give you a definite answer.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Thanks Cynical..

Well.. Corey.. Byron.. any thoughts on this? Please let me know.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
I believe there is several mods for various forums for this. Google and i think you may find some. Ill take a look tomorrow.

swirly

Reaction score
im with cynical, send out a few every minutes. hmm....if you really had, to u could use a regular email and just put a 50 members or so in each message?

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Send about 100 per 1-3 minutes, and you should be good. If you're using a script you have created yourself, just have it 'sleep' for 90-120 seconds, then loop through addresses. If you're using a CMS, I'm sure there's a mod for this sort of thing.

nycdlmusckat

Reaction score
Thanks for your inputs everyone.. I guess the concensus now is to send in batches.

Thanks for taking the time to respond

Status
Not open for further replies.