Seperate forum and hosting account

Status
Not open for further replies.

drapesrgay

Reaction score
Ok, so I haven't really been around for awhile and I guess they deleted my hosting account that was attached to my forum account... Or it got separated at some point.. Whichever I'm ok with, so it said I had to create a new hosting account, which I did. After setting it all up and everything. Now it seems like my hosting account and forum account are not on the same account. So is there a way to merge the 2? (When I log in to each they show only the hosting account on one, and only the forum account on the other).

I figure you will need more information, but I wanted to know if this is possible beforehand, or if I need to just backup all my stuff and re-upload it after creating a hosting account on this name. Thanks.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Give me your cPanel and forum in a post and I will escalate so someone can help you link it.

drapesrgay

Reaction score
Thanks, My username on the hosting account is dr4pes, and obviously my forum username is drapesrgay. If you need any other information let me know.

drapesrgay

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something.. All I see is it asking me to create a new hosting account on this side. If I log into the other account it asks me to create a new forum account.. If I put in this forum account name it just says the username is taken.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
You should be able to link it. Admins are working on it to enable it.

drapesrgay

Reaction score
You should be able to link it. Admins are working on it to enable it.

I should be able to link it? Or they are working on enabling the feature? I don't understand...

They are under 2 different email addresses. Like I said in the first post, I thought I was creating a forum account, but it was actually creating a totally different account. So I have one account (dr4pes) with just hosting, and one account (drapesrgay) with just forum.

Which one would I log into to link them, or does it matter?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I mean you can login to Account Panel http://x10hosting.com/control and then you can link your hosting account dr4pes or whatever it is.Currently you cannot link it yourself.Admins are working to enable this feature so users can link forum account to hosting themselves.
I hope now you got it

drapesrgay

Reaction score
For fear that my hosting account was going to be suspended for inactivity (seeing as there was no forum account) before the accounts got linked, I went ahead and created a new hosting account and moved everything over here. The other account can be closed, and you can disregard linking them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.