Server consolidation and move

Status
Not open for further replies.

lambada

Reaction score
Check that your using the correct IP in your FTP program and at your domain registrar.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Roach; Your site was moved last night, and everything is working correctly on it. I can connect to your FTP fine. It sounds like you are using the IP and not the domain of your site for your FTP.

If you are using the IP the new IP is 74.86.116.186

If you are using the domain your ISP or router is caching the old IP, go to start, run, type in "cmd" without the quotes and do ipconfig /flushdns . This should clear your DNS and send you to the new IP\site.

If you are not happy with the services here at x10 you are more than welcome to leave. The only time you come to post here is to threaten to cancel your subscription instead of resolve your problems. I can guarantee you we have many less problems than most other hosting providers and you are more than welcome to take your business elsewhere and find that out yourself.

-Corey

zero5854

Reaction score
umm I dont mean to spam the boards...BUT....... DAMN! Corey's cleanin house!....lol

Last edited:

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Everything's looking cool. I've already changed my DNS so it can propagate. How close are we to finishing? Or rather, how close are you to my account... :p

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been doing them after midnight EST. I hope to finish them by Wednesday. I can do your account tonight if you'd like.

-Corey

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Yes, please!

Law of Account Transfers: I always have something to get done when servers are moving.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I can do it right now if you want, I was just waiting to after midnight as that's a less busy time for most people.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Doesn't matter, which ever is easier for you.
Edit:
Sorry to double post, but what are the new IP's? I realized that I put in the IP for the new business server, or something. It also appears the free server goes to Argentinian site...

Last edited:

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Hi Corey, any chance i can have the new dns ips as it takes 24 hours to update them to godaddy so i want to do it asap so my site wont be down for too long. thanks buddy :biggrin:

oh and i think i need to upgrade my account to Corp as im gonna need more disk space once i upload my videos and pics to my site so please can you let me know what i need to do to upgrade. cheers again m8!

oh and to the person (Roach i think) who was moaning about his site and saying he was going to go elsewhere, christ man... give Corey & x10 a break will ya, you get all this support for next to nothing and because your site goes down for a day you start saying x10 are un professional and your going to leave blar blar, i back Corey 100% there...i've been with many hosts, most of which were paid hosting and compared to x10 they dont even come close, the servers are hardly ever down except when moving servers or upgrading which is only to help us get a better service, and look at what you get FOR FREE!....trust me you'll be hard pushed to find that anywhere else. but hey if its not good enough for you theres plenty of other paid hosting out there so go find a host that is professional enough for you.

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
As long as you have the correct ns2.x10hosting.com set in your domain register, you shouldn't see any downtine.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I haven't set ns1.x10hosting.com to the new IP yet, I will be doing this tomorrow. Once it is done I'll post it as it's own separate news post.

ns2.x10hosting.com is staying the same. There shouldn't be any downtime; If ns1 doesn't work it defaults to ns2 which everyone should already have set since it is not changing.

-Corey

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Ok.. cheers for the updates Corey/Brandon what do i need to do to upgrade my account from advanced to corp? I know i need the corp ads which is no prob to change....anything else?

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope, Just make sure you change your ads and you'll do fine.

Also, remember, the ads need to be visible without scrolling down the page.

MSchumacher1

Reaction score
Cheers Brandon i'll have to figure out where im going to put them as there isnt much room up top of my joomla theme, im sure i can find somewhere for them to go though. :dunno::biggrin:

JMaster

Reaction score
Just a quick question, how come http://www.josheyb.x10hosting.com/ seems to work fine, but then all the other pages don’t and the forum doesn’t either, everything was working a couple days ago and i haven’t touched it since?

P.S The problem seems to be Intermittent, as 5minutes ago when i wrote the above it all wasn’t working, and now it is! strange.

Thank you for your time,
Josh.

Last edited:

TheJeffsta

Reaction score
Wow, there were only 50 people on the sustained server? No wonder the Server load was soo low :S, I just thought it was because it had all the well-behaved people on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.