Server Down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

martynball

Reaction score
I think the entire server has just gone down again because i cant access my forums nor the ftp server.

martynball

Reaction score
I ain't complaining, because it is free but please could you try and keep it up more.

spork

Reaction score
I ain't complaining, because it is free but please could you try and keep it up more.

I know one of the x10 staff members is going to come here and flame us out but I have used x10 for about a year and the last few months have been horrible. Whether it is free or not, it sucks compare to the awesomeness it used to be.

DragonQ

Reaction score
My website isn't working at all at the moment, although I am apparently able to upload files successfully...I only signed up a week ago and the last few days have been awful. I hope this is just a "Christmas glitch" (most hosts fiddle with their servers to try to improve them around Christmas as it's the least active time so downtime is as undamaging as possible).

It particularly stings for me as I (stupidly it seems) chose today to tell my fellow forum administrator about how good x10hosting is and why we should move there, and he's been unable to access my demo forum all day :(

Good luck x10Hosting with fixing this, I have faith! :p

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

Thanks for reporting to us the server was down\locked-up. We have taken the appropriate measures of rebooting this server approximatively 56 minutes ago. Since this time we have been actively watching the server load and what's wrong in order to determine why it locked up today.

I would like you guys to know that it is being fixed, and thanks for not starting 50,000 threads. I appreciate you guys keeping this down to a few threads.

If anything major to were to happen, like a reboot, it would be posted in Server Alerts.

DragonQ

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaah @ suspension for "Prolonged high resource usage"...

What does that even mean, all I was doing was extracting a bunch of zip files on my webspace... *cries*
Edit:
Great, suspended for a second time for 30 minutes?! Why is extracting a few zip files considered high resource usage? Each one only takes like 1-2s!

Last edited:

Chris73

Reaction score
Means that you were using more than your fair share of the servers CPU.

DragonQ

Reaction score
But why doesn't it just use a sensible priority system so that instead of getting suspended everything I'm doing just has less priority so happens more slowly? Seriously, it was just extracting some ZIP files (styles for my phpbb3 board), seems a bit unfair IMO. :(

Last edited:

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello,

The system we use doesn't know what you are doing exactly, it just sees php running, using a high amount of CPU over time and it suspend you, or cPanel or so forth.

Garrettml

Reaction score
when i go to my cPanel this is what i see:

Internal Server Error
The server is too busy to handle your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again

Status
Not open for further replies.