Server issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freezin2

Reaction score
All day today, my site (which is on the x07 server) has been going up and down. Often, it's just very slow to load. But some of the time, I get 503 errors, can't connect to database errors, and errors suggesting the site can't be found at all. When I tried to update a plug-in, the site froze, and then I got PHP errors in all of the site (including the admin panel). I ended up having to ftp in to delete the whole plug-in, and then reinstall. (It was fine after the reinstallation, so this was not an issue with the plug-in itself.) This is happening on both my computer and my phone, and regardless of whether I'm connected to wifi, so it's not an issue with either my device or my connection. It's also been happening periodically (but not all the time) both before and after the plug-in update, so it isn't anything I did to the site. Any ideas on what is going on?

Last edited:

sebandf2

Reaction score
I wrote a post on this and sent a PM to staff even sent a tweet to X10hosting with the post link it says Internal Server Error

failed to open session lockfile: FILE=/var/cpanel/sessions/raw/:yole93CDgqGkMq2ctuszwgQHGJqfUESxXBeG5WntIDRssUQf5emxRnl4VUgH8lrD.lock, No space left on device at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Session.pm line 261.

cpsrvd/11.48.4.8 Server at xo7.x10hosting.com
meaning the servers space is full or almost full

for me when trying to access Cpanel

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
As I've posted elsewhere, if there is something writing uncontrollably to the disk (a user script is either writing in a loop that doesn't exit, or is generating huge numbers of errors), clearing disk space is temporary at best. Sometimes it takes a while to find and kill the root cause of the problem. In the meantime, though, no disk writes are safe, so in order to prevent problems, they suspend them.

sebandf2

Reaction score
Yes I know it will take some time to find out the issue but I really dont like the fact I am in the middle of something and all of a sudden cant finish it or even save I even had to start making changes to all my css files on my desktop and wait until I can upload them to the site just to finally be done after changing my site 40 times cause I thought it was my site that was having the issue

freezin2

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I don't have anything writing uncontrollably to the disk or generating huge numbers of errors. The site has been operating for a few weeks without any problems. It is a very simple Wordpress site with one active page, no posts, one graphic, and 7 plugins. The only change I made today was updating one plugin, and the errors were happening both before and after I did that. There may be an overall issue with the xo7 server due to someone else's site, but I'm pretty sure my site is not the source of the problem.

l4w2game

Reaction score
I have the same issue as you, dunno what server I'm on, though.

Here's the problem on the server:
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' cannot connect to local MySQL database (111)

The 503 backfetches and unknown errors are also irritating.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@freezin2 - No, your account just happens to be on a server where something like that is happening at the moment. Again, for most of you, this has NOTHING to do with your individual account; it's just a consequence of what's happening on a server that you're sharing with a LOT of other users. (By the way, being on a different server just means you're sharing that server with a LOT of different users, most of whom also don't know what they're doing or how the software they're using works. I'll be charitable and leave out people deliberately doing nasty things. Eventually, something's still going to muck things up.)

@l4w2game The 503s are a different matter altogether. Sometimes it's just traffic doing it, since the cache layer won't wait as long as a user might be willing to wait when there's a cache miss (and not everything on the server can be held in "hot or "warm" cache). Sometimes there's a problem in another layer (the PHP server, the MyQL server, whatever), but the cache server just tells you "something didn't work" (503) and gives you an error number (guru meditation - which tells you that the people who wrote Varnish used to use the Commodore Amiga back in the day). The "can't connect" thing may be telling you that MySQL is down, or it may be telling you that the connection pool is exhausted and couldn't assign you a connection before your script max time (again, traffic).

freezin2

Reaction score

l4w2game

Reaction score
I'm on x07 as well, so that explains the problems.
I hope these get fixed because it annoys me when my site is randomly not accessible due to MySQL malfunctions.
FYI most visitors we had in 24 hours was about 15-20, 9 of which were registered users, this was three days ago, it started messing up the day later.

freezin2

Reaction score
@l4w2game: I can definitely relate! My site is a registration site for a game among a bunch of bicyclists. Registration closes on December 24, and right now, people often can't get in to register. I really hope this doesn't screw up the whole registration!

Status
Not open for further replies.