Setting up a new Forum (Need help)

Lurien

Reaction score
Well, I've browsed and searched, and the only tutorial I've found to make one in this forum was a broken link (Didn't PM you Corey because I was not asked to >.<).

I'm a newbie to programming...at least web programing and seriously would need to do it from scratch.
I've held my forum in a public server for long enough but those things are disgusting...

Could anyone help me? I've alredy downloaded PHPBB 2.0 but have no idea of how to use it =(
And I've tried the tutorial in PHPBB.com but it asks me for a DSN..wich I don't know how to create.
Help me =)

tam-iam

Reaction score
PhpBB and SMF can both be installed from Fantastico in cPanel. Very easy, but you'll need to upgrade to intermediate php if you haven't done so yet.

Lurien

Reaction score
Yey!
Solveded!
Thanks, I still don't know what a DSN is but for the time being I'll not need it, donation and reputation to you!

Last edited:

munim

Reaction score
I know you didn't ask for it but one small tip:
Setting forums are so easy that practically anyone can do it. Hence there are thousands of forums out there just like yours, 90% of those don't get any decent traffic.
If you want to set up a good forum, make it based on a good unique topic rather than having discussions on every topic under the sun.