Setting up a wordpress site

Status
Not open for further replies.

illegals

Reaction score
Hi there,
I was trying to follow this guide (x10hosting.com/wiki/Wordpress) to setting up a wordpress site. I think I made a mistake by uploading all the extracted WP files to my public folder rather than uploading them all by just uploading the folder they were contained in. Was this a silly decision? If so, how best should I delete those files without deleting any files which were there before and might be important?

||The thing is that when I look at the folder through C panel it is not automatically guiding me to install WP as was mentioned in the above guide......

Guidance on most sensible course of action please?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Rename index.html to index.html.old and you should see the beginnings of the WordPress install.

illegals

Reaction score
Just use Softaculous to install it - it's much easier.

Maybe I will try this. But delving into another different piece of software doesn't seem the most sensible thing just now when I'm getting to grips with the rest. Do you use it?

Rename index.html to index.html.old and you should see the beginnings of the WordPress install.

I tried this but nothing happened.

I went to my webpage url and it was displaying this message:

There doesn't seem to be a wp-config.php file. I need this before we can get started.
Need more help? We got it.
You can create a wp-config.php file through a web interface, but this doesn't work for all server setups. The safest way is to manually create the file.
Create a Configuration File

Status
Not open for further replies.