Setting up relationships in phpMyAdmin

denzil

Reaction score
I hope this is the right place for this thread.

I was wondering if it's possible to set up relationships for my database using phpMyAdmin on this server. If so, please direct me because I have been looking for it and cannot find it.

Thanks a lot

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This forum is ostensibly for help with 3rd party apps you've installed, rather than for the apps X10 provides for site administration. On the other hand, phpMyAdmin is an app created neither by you nor X10, so is thus "3rd party". The free hosting forum might be more appropriate (a forum admin can move the thread to an appropriate forum, if necessary).

As for your problem, if you mean "relationship" in a relational model theoretical way (which is called a "table" in common parlance), you can create them in different ways, depending on whether the database has no tables or has tables (a web search may turn up better tutorials; at some point, I may add one to X10's wiki, or to phpMyAdmin's). Databases and users must be created from cPanel. If by "relationship" you mean "foreign key", you would use the "Relation View" link on the "Structure" tab for the table. However, it looks as though the relation view feature isn't enabled on X10. If you want it, request it in the Feedback and Suggestions forums (include a poll to get others' support). You can always create foreign keys by running SQL queries from phpMyAdmin. Both tables must be InnoDB, and the column(s) must be indexed on the foreign table.

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I hope this is the right place for this thread.

I was wondering if it's possible to set up relationships for my database using phpMyAdmin on this server. If so, please direct me because I have been looking for it and cannot find it.

Thanks a lot

Can you be more precise about the relationship question?
Please post an example task of relationship so that I can understand and if can learn from the answers as well.
Kindly post the same.
Regards,
VVBB