several questions about email

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Hi all,
After having browser issues interacting with this site for a while I'm finally able to post my questions.
1. I set up an email account at my domain per the rules stating that an email address had to be at your domain if you wanted emails to go out. I've also told Wordpress to use this address as the admin email address. Still, when I send a test message using my ccontact form, the message still doen't get out. What's the problem?
2. I forgot the password to the above mentioned account How can I recover it?
3. As a result of the password recovery problem mentioned above, I created a second account that I now want to delete. How can I do this?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
After having browser issues interacting with this site for a while I'm finally able to post my questions.
1. I set up an email account at my domain per the rules stating that an email address had to be at your domain if you wanted emails to go out. I've also told Wordpress to use this address as the admin email address. Still, when I send a test message using my ccontact form, the message still doen't get out. What's the problem?

There are a lot things that will put your Email in the bitbucket - see my test PHP script --> [ http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/php-mail-not-working.191854/ ]
###
2. I forgot the password to the above mentioned account How can I recover it?

For your free-hosting account - see --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login/forgotten ]
For your Email account - see "Change Password" at cPanel --> Mail --> Email Accounts
###
3. As a result of the password recovery problem mentioned above, I created a second account that I now want to delete. How can I do this?

Log in here --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login ] - using the credentials for the account you are trying to delete
click on [ Account Settings ] at top of page
look for [ Delete Account ] down and to the left

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
There are a lot things that will put your Email in the bitbucket - see my test PHP script --> [ http://community.x10hosting.com/threads/php-mail-not-working.191854/ ]
###

For your free-hosting account - see --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login/forgotten ]
For your Email account - see "Change Password" at cPanel --> Mail --> Email Accounts
###

Log in here --> [ https://www.x10hosting.com/sso/login ] - using the credentials for the account you are trying to delete
click on [ Account Settings ] at top of page
look for [ Delete Account ] down and to the left
@bdistler,
1. I'll try your script.
2. I don't have a change password option under C Pannel Webmail. I see the two email accounts I have, and the amount of space each is taking, then the two links that say "access webmail" and "configure mail client." There is no change password option. When I click "Access Webmail" I get the enter password box, where I type the password I thought I set up. It then takes me to another page where I need to enter my password again because it is not correct. There Here, there is no link that says "Forgot password?"
3. It looks like the instructions you provided were for deleting my hosting account, which is not what I want to do. I just want to delete the extra email account I created.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
as for #2 - in cPanel (not x10hosting Basic!) --> Mail --> Email Accounts --> look for [ Change Password ] next to [ Change Quota ]

as for #3 - same - but look for [ Delete ] on the other side of [ Change Quota ]

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, I got it working, I've managed to change the password on the one account I'm going to keep around. I am having an odd problem though, I created the original account and the test one I set up for your script under the main area where it says "email accounts." I created a site that is located at http://bobsairchecks.x10host.com/test for your PHP script and used the same process I've always used to set up what was then my third email account on my account, having just told the PHP script to use that account. I then went to the above link and clicked on test.php, and I would assume that that ran the script, but no email has come through on either account yet. The new and odd part of this is that after I switched back to X10 Basic after deleting the one email account I didn't want and changing the password on the other account, I went down to see if I could see my space usage from basic, which it doesn't seem that I can. I saw a manage email link under each of my websites, so I clicked the one for the main domain, bobsairchecks.x10host.com and it said I didn't have any email accounts under bobsairchecks.x10host.com and that I was using 2 out of 3 allowed on my account. I'm wondering if this is the reason my account isn't working. If so what do I need to do to get this email account associated with the domain? Edit, bobsairchecks.x10host.com is the only domain I currently have on this account, and it looks like all my accounts are at that domain, but it's still giving me the message that I haven't created any email accounts at that domain.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I do not use [ x10hosting Basic! ] do to all the issues with it....

I 'see' your domain [ bobsairchecks.x10host.com ] as being on free-hosting server [ Vox ]

I had someone run the test PHP script on that server - and they received a Email at [ TO ADDRESS ] (at gmail.com) and the [ FROM ADDRESS ]

You should see something like...
Code:
PHP function [ mail() ] returns TRUE if the mail was successfully accepted for delivery, FALSE otherwise
It is important to note that just because the mail was accepted for delivery
it does NOT mean the mail will actually reach the intended destination
your x10hosting account may have a spam filter that bocks it or the destination account may block it

PHP mail() returned TRUE
Server date and time Wed Jan 22,2014 17:46:28 CST

if it works (runs)

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, this is a bit weird. I sent the email to both my accounts, my school account powered by Google and my personal Comcast.net email. It came to my school account just fine, but did not reach my other account. I even checked the junk folder from the Comcast website but it doesn't even get there. Is there anything I or staff can do to make emails from my domain go through to my Comcast account?

Last edited:

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It may be Comcast you need to deal with. In the past, Comcast has blocked access to Free Hosting sites/servers altogether; they may be silently discarding emails rather than rejecting them at HELO (which would give you a failure).

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
Ok, thanks. I just got out of a live chat session with a Comcast support representative and she directed me to a form I need to fill out to unblock the IP address, but I don't know the IP address I need to enter. What is it?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
From the 'source code' of Email sent to me from server [ Vox ] - I see...
[ Received: from edge.x10hosting.com ( edge.x10hosting.com. [ 198.91.80.251 ] ) ]
###

Your server's IP is --> [ 198.91.81.4 ]
###

To get a IP unblocked at Comcast
You can call Comcast --> Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week) 888-565-4329
Be sure they understand that it is a blocked Email and not a blocked Web page

Status
Not open for further replies.