Sevrial places reject all my emails due to spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainRacure

Reaction score
I have not personally spammed ANYONE but it seems that the ip associated with my email address is known for spam, Yahoo, Comcast and a servial other email hosts reject my emails or send them to the junk/spam/bulk folders.

Is there any way to fix this? My forums NEED email activation.

For now im switchign to a gmail account, but i need this fixed

oh and comcast said to give this to the email administrators:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

********@comcast.net
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx1.comcast.net [76.96.62.116]: 554 IMTA05.westchester.pa.mail.comcast.net comcast 74.86.116.188 COMCAST BL004* Blocked for spam. Please see http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=SecurityMail_Policy18628

I removed the user's email for privacy reisons. (I will post all other headers like this here for you so you ca nsee each individually)
Edit:
I apologize for this automatic reply to your email.

To control spam, I now allow incoming messages only from senders I have approved beforehand.

If you would like to be added to my list of approved senders, please fill out the short request form (see link below). Once I approve you, I will receive your original message in my inbox. You do not need to resend your message. I apologize for this one-time inconvenience.

Click the link below to fill out the request:

https://webmail.pas.earthlink.net/wam/addme?a=pope@earthlink.net&id=1iEq852Ql3Nl36K1
Edit:
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

********@terra.com.br
SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx.terra.com.br [200.154.55.2]: 450 Client host rejected:
cannot find your hostname, [74.86.116.188]: retry timeout exceeded

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
There isn't much we can do regarding the spam issue, it happens every once in a while. We put in the new PHP restrictions to help with it but there will still be users out there who want to spam. All we can do is monitor it and deal with it as quickly as possible.

-Corey

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Please create your own threads.

galaxyAbstractor

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If I understands right some people spam with the email on the cpanel so all emails send troght the email account that are possible to set up in the cpanel are counted as spam? If so, do like microsoft, just allow 10 recipants per email or 10 emails/day to be sended(reply doesen't count).

KainRacure

Reaction score
well from what i see what it is is that people use your email's IP to spam enough that it triggers spam filters on some other email hosts

You can get taken off their spam list by going to different places (like a link i gave for comcast) and giving them some information about your procedures to stop spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.