Sex Before Marriage

Nightmare Demon

Reaction score
Could you not have sex with someone before your married them I only ask this question as im due to get married later this year myself and me and my partner have been having sex however speaking to a mate of mine him and his now wife did not have sex before they where married however he did say they has oral sex they have been married for nearly 6 years (they where dating for nearly 2 years) now I know there is no way I could marry someone that I have not slept with I mean how do you know if you are going to enjoy each other and ok love is not all about sex but damm a good sex life goes a long way anyway whats you thoughts?

jaredlp

Reaction score
I just wanna write.... if two persons love each other so, what are you waiting for? xD Love and life aren't all about sex but we have to enjoy it! xD

dwd2000

Reaction score
I just wanna write.... if two persons love each other so, what are you waiting for? xD Love and life aren't all about sex but we have to enjoy it! xD

To quote Tina Turner, "What's love got to do with it?"
Sex is a bodily function. I'm surprised no religion has found a way to force people to abstain from going to the bathroom before marriage too.

chisaku

Reaction score
The choice is up to the ones who love each other. They know they don't have to, but that they can. Though, sex isn't the only way to show affection, now is it? It isn't quite needed to maintain a good relationship... but it could spice up things a little. Sex, before and after marriage is absolutely okay in my ears and eyes. :D

By the way... congrats on getting married!

intenex

Reaction score
Alternatively, you could get married right away and then have sex. If it doesn't work out, you can just divorce and try again with someone else. So that's virtually skipping the dating step (not really, marriage just becomes dating).

That is a great point though, I've never actually thought about that...Oh damn, hmm...depends, I suppose, on what you see the purpose of sex as being - if it's solely to procreate, then after marriage would be the clearly better choice - if it's more for pleasure, then to hell with marriage.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I did the whole sex before marriage thing. So did my ex-wife, even after marriage ( the sex wasn't with me, that is )
I now live with someone, been together for 5 years ... sex isn't all that important to our relationship. There are more important things in life than spending the few moments getting all hot and sweaty. :p

FalseHope

Reaction score
Sex shouldn't matter if you love the person. Plain and simple.

Xelloss

Reaction score
Actually it could matter, it all depends in the type of person. Some people give sex a high priority in their lives, and if they don't have a partner who shares their tastes then they could grow frustrated in the relationship.

I believe one has to try everything with his partner before getting married, from having sex to spending a little time living together. It's all about coexistence, there are a lot of things one doesn't learn until living together with his partner, and it's much better to resolve possible discrepancies in the relationship than waiting until marriage.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Sex is as pious as love and it is integral part of it.So, if you love someone, go ahead.
***Don't mistake it with "LUST".

smaier

Reaction score
The irony is that, many religions prohibition of sex before marriage may have actually caused higher divorce rates, if people found that they could not get along sexually. This undermines marriage, the very tenant that the religions were trying to strengthen in the first place.

bilal855

Reaction score
Sex Before Marriage is prohibited in every religion whether it be Islam, Christianity, Hinduism or Judaism.

eagles051387

Reaction score
Could you not have sex with someone before your married them I only ask this question as im due to get married later this year myself and me and my partner have been having sex however speaking to a mate of mine him and his now wife did not have sex before they where married however he did say they has oral sex they have been married for nearly 6 years (they where dating for nearly 2 years) now I know there is no way I could marry someone that I have not slept with I mean how do you know if you are going to enjoy each other and ok love is not all about sex but damm a good sex life goes a long way anyway whats you thoughts?

that is depended upon how much of a strong believer they r of their faith. in all honesty those kinda girls r really hard to come by

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
o_O this is weird eh... to have such a question.... I almost thought that this is a very sensitive issues.

But here's my view....I think sex before marriage has to do with two person willingness and trust from each other, if they are both fine with it why not ?