Shell scripts not allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

phhpro27

Reaction score
Hi all,

One moment I'm testing some PHP things - mostly file managers - then all of a sudden comes popping-up the ACCOUNT SUSPENDED page: ... shell scripts not allowed... OK, so I went to open a ticket already. Frankly, I had no idea, that a simple file manager would be considered a shell script. Might be worth a penny to have a list of black-listed scripts somewhere to prevent any such unnecessary suspensions. Did anybody else ever meet the same situation? What was the result? Thanks in advance. regards, Peter Heinrich Claus.

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

Never mind, support just buried it -- and I've already changed DNS -- and all affected sites are live again.
ZERO TOLERANCE -- Have a nice one.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll post the answer here then as well since you opted to post a ticket and here; PHPShell is not a file manager. From the development page: PHP Shell is a shell wrapped in a PHP script.

This script, along with other shell scripts, pose a very real security risk to the server, and as such they are not allowed.

As for a list of all scripts that aren't allowed, this would not be possible due to the sheer number of scripts that wouldn't be allowed. For instance, we would have several entries for vBulletin due to all the nulled variations -there are entire groups dedicated to nulling scripts and re-releasing them, and in some cases those groups have hundreds of scripts that we would have to list explicitly as not being allowed. In addition, new scripts that do illegal things are created almost daily - we wouldn't be able to keep a list of these current.

Status
Not open for further replies.