Short Stories?

ellescuba27

Reaction score
Some nice CSS styling going on. In some of the stories newlines were replaced with spaces on the preview on the homepage, I don't like that. I didn't notice the bookmark which said Menu on it at first. Also, the Download button on the About page is a bit cut off. The all caps writing in some of the stories should be fixed, but that may be the users responsibility. The button at the top left that says Tiny Library doesn't need a link to the homepage on the homepage, and same with the bottom left link. If I were the dumbest, least knowledgeable person about computers in the world, I wouldn't know the button at the bottom left was an RSS Feed. Maybe put text hat says "RSS Feed". The Titles A to Z page could have an "A B C D E F G..." menu so I don't have to click the bottom right button a million times to get to the short story called "Xylophones are Awesome". Other than that, nice site, I like it, and a good idea too.

rick

Reaction score
First and foremost the content is first class, such an extensive library of short stories which isn't easy to find, so a big tick in the box for content. Found it hard to find much to pick at, a couple of bugs one which has been mentioned above with the download button also:

* Clicking the Menu Label highlights a letter X, don't know if that is on purpose but in my eyes that is a bug
* I'm not quite sure about the placing of the content under the menu label either, seems more like content I would expect to find in the footer of a page?
* I think the two column layout works well when reading books but on pages such as the submit story page on a PC monitor the "Comments/Copyright License" title is pushed down to the first column which makes the form a little less understandable on first glance.
* I have no idea what the text at the bottom of the submit story page means! Would anyone else?

In reply to the comments from ellescuba27, I think the logo needs to remain linking to the homepage also if someone doesn't know what an RSS feed is then why would they need to subscribe? But I second the need for a A-Z menu.

Overall 10/10 from me just a few small tweeks :)

ellescuba27

Reaction score
I never went to the Submit page, because I didn't want to submit a story, but he is right, the title of the textbox is on one column and the other has the textbox. As for the text at the bottom of the page, I think Tiny Library must have some sort of developers widget which allows you to sign into the site, such as from Google, for example.