Should I change something ?

Stemy

Reaction score
Hi everyone !

Please review mycoloredlinks.com. Should I change the black background or not ? Some people say I should but this is the only color which makes the colors of the links more pronounced. What do you think ?

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's too simple for my taste. It needs some graphics.

If you like black then it's OK to use it but avoid using pure 100% black. Use something like this #151515 and not #000.

akkudreamz

Reaction score
yeah i have to go with leviathon's views there...pure black isnt looking that great
besides the multiple colors of the links will look much better on anything lighter than black...

frankfriend

Reaction score
Oddly this works, because you are using vibrant colours and mostly larger type
But it would be worth trying it with several different backgrounds. Try making the second line under the main names a size larger.

Do you expect people to come to your site because it has coloured links?

vol7ron

Reaction score
I went to your site and I just went blind. It's like not going outside for days and then looking at the sun... the combination is devastating. Please don't use bright colors with a dark background.

freecrm

Reaction score
Arrrrggghhh - was my first reaction I'm afraid.

More constructively, I have no issues with the multi-coloured links (if thats what you want to do to stand out in the already massively overdone area you're delving into) but, as stated above... not on black!

In addition, I had a quick look at your page code and there are some serious flaws with your page construction. It's a miracle it even works!

Check the order of these key elements... note where each one starts and finishes.
(where you see </something>, its finishing an element, like body or table.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE......>
<html>
<head>
<title>TITLE</title>

meta description, keywords, blah de blah

<style type="text/css">
.stuff{
border: 1px solid #000;
}
</style>
</head>

<body>

This is where the viewable stuff starts

<table><!--start of table-->
<tr><!--start of a row-->
<td><!--start of a cell-->

stuff in the cell

</td><!--end of cell-->
<td><!--start of another cell-->

stuff in the cell next to the first one

</td><!--end of second cell-->
</tr><!--end of row-->
</table><!--end of table-->
</body>
</html>

You may want to try to learn css, as building a page with tables now is very dated and not considered best practice. Reason? tables are not very flexible when trying to style your page.

lair360

Reaction score
First of all, the layout looks correct and the body tags are now placed in a proper fashion.
But, there is nothing wrong that I could tell...

You can post all of your CSS style into a file and import them in. This way, the files will be cached and people can surf your website faster.

Lair360

vol7ron

Reaction score
I'm still saying #333333 is better than black. You're hurting eyes and that doesn't make people come back.