Should I trust?

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I have received this message today:

Dearest One.

You will be surprise to receive this mail from a total stranger like
me,Anyway, i got your contact through internet and decided to approach you for assistance permit me to inform you about this proposal I am daughter of late Diamond dealers Christen in Abidjan Cote D 'Ivoire in west Africa he was also one of the paramont chiefs in my town before He was murdered in cold blood early last year alongside with my mother by the Rebels of R.U.F when they invaded the town.

Our late father Christen died and left us and our mother Gloria and my younger brother Frank Christen my name is Ain Christen. I am 21years old why my younger brother Frank is 18years old.Mylate father Christen owns many companies before he died which he left for my mother Mrs Gloria Christen. Within a year of my fathers death, my Mother Mrs. Gloria Christen was killed by Rebels of R.U.F, after my mother was killed my fathers lawyer called I and my younger brother and hand over my late fathers documents to us. after my fathers lawyer have handed over the documents to me, my uncle started demanding for the documents of my late fathers wealth.I now called my fathers lawyer, he came and told my uncle that my father made a will that all his properties belongs to his children. After my fathers lawyer have made that statement my uncle started fighting against us to an extend he went and arranged for hired killers to kill I and my
younger brother.

The first time they came to our home when I wasn't around, my younger brother Frank was shot and two of our security men was killed also before the police men came, they had escaped, that made us to park out of the compound we thought it will be over that way but it continue happening, that makes us to stop going to school and we movedout from our country to Burkina Faso.

Because we are afraid let something not happen to us in school premises, That is the reason why we contacted you as an honest person so that you can help us in transferring my late fathers money into your bank account.

The said fund is $20.5 Million Dollars been deposited into one of the banks in Burkina Faso west Africa. I will offer 20% of the total amount to you for your help in transferring of this fund successfully to your account, and after transferring the money we can come over to your country and continue our education i will give you more details if you wish to assist us.

Please reply to this email: ain.christen2@live.fr

Thanks
Ain Christen.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Google "Nigerian Fraud Scam." That should be enough of an answer, but to save you the time, go to your email provider and report a scam attempt. gMail among others have options to report scams/phishing attempts, so do so - this is a scam pure and simple.

jackyt2

Reaction score
That is an email scam. Do NOT trust those kind of emails. They just want to steal your money.

Give them this: :thefinger

;)

Artheido

Reaction score
Google "Nigerian Fraud Scam." That should be enough of an answer, but to save you the time, go to your email provider and report a scam attempt. gMail among others have options to report scams/phishing attempts, so do so - this is a scam pure and simple.

do not trust any email of strangers.
They are mosly spam so don't trust that .

That is an email scam. Do NOT trust those kind of emails. They just want to steal your money.

Give them this: :thefinger

;)

Pretty sure he was just being sarcastic... Not serious...

wongers

Reaction score
I cant believe anyone would buy in it to this, and the thing is, ive read articles of people that have :-(

the internet makes me sad sometimes :-(

stesouthby

Reaction score
its common sense that its a scam what every you see on the internet don't take it as the truth look into it and question it and when it comes to money make sure you know 100% what your doing with no doubts

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Nope. I run along a rule of thumb of don't trust offers through e-mail. This is a Nigerian scam. One of my honeypots will get spam bombed with messages like this typically once or twice a week.

By the way, post up the full headers to that message. It'll help for future reference :)

Danielx386

Reaction score
No, I won't trust it. Anyone who send me that would get their head copped off.

Daniel

phazzedout

Reaction score
I cant believe anyone would buy in it to this, and the thing is, ive read articles of people that have :-(

the internet makes me sad sometimes :-(

I heard on a radio station show called the "Idiot Files" (Title fits into the story) some guy with 10 million dollars fell into this scam (He already had 10 million fudhjakj dollars! How much more does he need) and sent his information to this man/woman. They took all of his money and he couldn't do anything about it. LOL. Sucks for that man.

I get many trying to stereotype Christians as very good people and wouldn't harm a fly so we should give them our bank info. No joke. Too bad I am Atheist.

jordy26

Reaction score
I got this same email along with a couple others the other week lol. Its a COMPLETE scam, bloody ***holes trying to trick us. I did reply however saying "OMG YES WHAT DETAILS DO YOU NEED SO I CAN GET MY MONEY?" for a laugh and they ofcourse asked for bank details, passport copys and stuff haha

medgie

Reaction score
In general, don't trust emails from strangers, especially when money is involved. Also, when in doubt, Google it.
(You should use Google because it's the best search engine [JK you can use whatever search you want to])

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
There are so many scams out there that anything can be a scam. Even if it is true, there is no proof that its legit becaues no body falls for it anymore. The interent has been soo misused that trust is something that is lacking from interent people