SHow Php errors apache

stsights

Reaction score
Hi.
ANy one knows how to show the php errors at lotus because when i have a error in my script does not show the error instead appears in blank my page and to se the error i have to go to cpanel and the section last errors and there see the error, but i want to se it in the page.
THanks

stsights

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks for you answer but I put this line to my code error_reporting(E_ALL); but stills not showing my errors.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It could be possible you don't have anything to display. Would you mind posting or PMing me your code?

Also, this is probably a better suited question for the programming help forum, if you want to make a new topic there. Otherwise, a mod will probably see it and move it for you :)

stsights

Reaction score
Thank you for your time.
This is the test code that i put to see the errors.

<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
echo "nombre
?>
should displays this :
[Sun Mar 15 16:01:47 2009] [error] [client 190.57.81.139] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/stsights/public_html/triple/index.php on line 4

But in the page where is my script appears blank page and the error shows in the cpanel option of the last errors.
Thanks a lot.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
FYI, if you're getting a blank screen and you have the error reporting directives on, you've already tried things like:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set("display_errors", 1);

Assuming you have error logging on, it might be that your web server doesn't have write permissions to it's default logging directory (or the logging directory specified in php.ini etc). For me, under IIS, it was simply write permissions not being set for the IIS network_service user account that caused the problem.

Hope that helps someone.

Found this info on the php.net page. I'm trying to find something that will work around this.
Edit:
Ah, custom error handler:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php

Last edited: