Showcase your designs & artworks on my site.

Veivei

Reaction score
Finally my site is up and running since September 9, 2007, thanks again to X10 that provide me the best hosting service I ever had. I'm using Joomla CMS for this one, some section aren't published yet.
Visit here: www.digitalvei.com

At first the main concept for the site is only for my online portfolio and put some web layouts, graphic resources and tutorials, but now I'm accepting member sign up to create their own profile & show their artworks on my site. So, what are you waiting for... sign up on the site and show your stuff.

The features on my site is:

Community Profile
Using Community Builder for Joomla, members can put their infos like About Me, Interests, put some personal photos, make some friends with other members, comments on other profiles, and more.

Member Showcase
This is the member gallery showcase, all members can upload their artworks on various categories, image files & flash files supported.

Blogs
Make your own blog, free!!! :biggrin:

Downloads
Graphic tools & resources, Photoshop brushes/actions/PSD files, custom layouts, etc (will add more files soon) :)

Link & Banner Exchange
Add your website's link to link directory.

Tutorials
The section is still under development, will add tutorials about photoshop, web design, etc. Also I'm going to need some person to be a writer in the tutorial section, you can write any tutorials from any other sites but must link to the original source/owner.
Send me a PM if anyone interested on helping me write tutorials.

Then I need feedbacks to improve the website. Critics are welcome ^^
Thanks

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not sure allowing other people to host blogs on your site is permitted by the ToS (hosting other's content). An admin will have to address that issue specifically, but I would be weary about implenting that right away.

As for storing other people's designs... if they're capable of making their own designs, they're capable of displaying them. I wouldn't hold your breath on getting people to submit their own portfolios. I know I wouldn't. I don't want people thinking that it's your stuff and not mine.

Veivei

Reaction score
First, the blog is a blog component for Joomla, not really that I host a blog on the site.
And about storing people design, no i wouldn't claim other's artworks as mine coz I have my own section in the site, and it's everything about me and my stuff only. There's a different member section on the site that displaying other registered member designs/artworks that totally using different component & separate from my stuff. On the description of each submitted work there's a link "Submitted by 'member name'"
Just take a closer look for each section and you'll know the differences.

Veivei

Reaction score
Thanks Derek.
I'm still lookin for link or banner exchange, anyone interest?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not sure allowing other people to host blogs on your site is permitted by the ToS (hosting other's content). An admin will have to address that issue specifically, but I would be weary about implenting that right away.

As for storing other people's designs... if they're capable of making their own designs, they're capable of displaying them. I wouldn't hold your breath on getting people to submit their own portfolios. I know I wouldn't. I don't want people thinking that it's your stuff and not mine.

Its fine. There is a difference between hosting a Wordpress MU and having little blogs through Joomla. Since you are having members sign-in.

Despistado

Reaction score
woww very nice site, its that you in the forest image? if so then hehehe youre beautiful :biggrin: if not then you still are beautiful, you have make a great job in your site nice content really. i almost forget the queen of spade is a great design too.

best regards

Veivei

Reaction score
woww very nice site, its that you in the forest image? if so then hehehe youre beautiful :biggrin: if not then you still are beautiful, you have make a great job in your site nice content really. i almost forget the queen of spade is a great design too.

best regards

Lol... no that's not me, that's a friend of me, I'm using some of her stock photos for my artworks. I'm a 100% male, look at my pic on the avatar :biggrin:
Thanks for visit & comments.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
So how can you advertise my forum on your site? I have a affiliates section in my forum.

scorch94

Reaction score
I'm up to banner exchange too ;)
By the way, I can't access the site :( It shows a blank page only :(

Veivei

Reaction score
So how can you advertise my forum on your site? I have a affiliates section in my forum.

You can go to the site and click on Partners button and submit your link/banner there under the category that fits your forum, e.g Gaming.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site isn't working.

Veivei

Reaction score
It's working now, Corey has made some changes. You can try again, thanks.

ryoko126

Reaction score
Do you let people show stuff like their hand-drawn art or is it all photoshop stuff?