Sid Meier's Civilization III

wolverine

Reaction score
me!! that's so fantastic and the classic game system! oh my god!! it's so beautiful!!

hitchhiker

Reaction score
Well i've switched to the 4 . has lots of improvement.... ohh civil disorder not again.

whitebus

Reaction score
actually, i prefer II. i love the actors for the advisory council and i'm not a big fan of the damage meter for units (does it really take 10 years to repair a unit of spearmen?) but i suppose if it's realism you're looking for... should ghandi really live from 5000 bc to ad 1779 when you launch your rocket to alpha centauri. :)

johntimmons

Reaction score
Sorry, but yeah... I still play III and have fallen in love with it... I especially like the conquests editor, so you can get as specific or as vague as you want to... For instance, if you want to go into specifics of say.. Civil War era or beyond, adding in some indian tribes allows more detail to your stuff... We really liked the Shogun conquest mode, and for our own we re-did one with the atlantic ocean, and added atlantis in the center just for fun...

This is a game that will never get too old.

timewiz

Reaction score
In my opinion, Civ IV is better, in terms of building a civ. Especially Civ 4: Beyond the Sword. That's how it basically happened (not people acquiring traits by waiting a few turns ;)) with civilizations trying to become powerful. They went through slavery and religions and whatnot. The objective is to create a proper working civilization.

yeah568

Reaction score
My friend plays all the games in the Civ series.

Me, I'm not that much of a fan of that kind of game. I'm more of a MMORPG kind of game.