Silverlight Usage & MIME types for Silverlight

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragtech5

Reaction score
First Question is can I use Silverlight Code?

If yes then I would require these MIME types:

Extension MIME Type
.xaml application/xaml+xml
.xap application/x-silverlight-app
I tried adding the following to .htaccess
AddType application/xaml+xml .xaml
AddType application/x-silverlight-app .xap
but I don't think it worked
I'm trying to accomplish the same on my page as this site: http://www.textglow.com/
But all I get is a white page when clicking on a .docx file here:
Can you help please?

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

This is why I'm asking about the MIME Types:

Initial thoughts were that Silverlight was a client thing, so anyone wanting to host / deliver sites using this content type would not need anything on their servers and would just be able to FTP the Silverlight code up for things to work.
That is essentially correct, but you could also get a blank page or server error if some specific MIME types do not exist on the server.
Extension MIME Type
.xaml application/xaml+xml
.xap application/x-silverlight-app

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
It is not a blank page for me when I visit the url for the test page you posted. I get an error:

Not Found

The requested URL /UVlogistics/TextGlowSource/TextGlow.Web/TestPage2.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Since you are running this on a linux server, please check that the case spelling of your files all match. For example: test.html is a different file than Test.html, and also tEst.html is seen as different than the other two and so on. Please check and post back if it's not the case spelling that's causing the error.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, note that server-side silverlight will most likely fail, but not client-side silverlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.