Simple Forum Sig Tutorial (Photoshop)

Veivei

Reaction score
This is a tutorial on how to make simple forum signature using any version of Adobe Photoshop, in this tutorial is a dirty-look forum sig, I hope it's useful ;)
Hints & Tips : try to improvize to get a better final result.

First, launch the Photoshop application of course :biggrin:

Start a new document of size 350x100 for this sig.

Now press 'D' to reset the colour in Photoshop to it's deafults.

Now go to FIlters>Renders>clouds.
afterclouds.jpg

Now go toFilters>Render>Lens Flare use the following settings there
lensflare.gif

This is what I got.
afterlensflare.jpg

Now go to Filter>Bruh Strokes>Sumi-e and use the following settings
sumi-e.gif

This is what I got after Sumi-e
aftersumi.jpg

Now select Filter>stylize>Glowing Edges
glowing.gif

This is what I got.
afterglowing.jpg

Now open the image that you want to insert into the signature. I chose this one
shoot.jpg

This image has been cropped and resized to match the signature size and is pasted on the new layer. You can get more such images from gamewallpapers.com or any other free graphic sites.

Now let's reduce the opacity to blend the image with the signature background.
opacity.gif

I got this
afteropacity.jpg

Now create a new layer and draw a rectangular marquee fill it with this colour #9C4000. Change the field next to opacity on the layer box from normal to color. This is what I got after it.
after_color.jpg

Now select the same layer and add some stroke to it. To add stroke Go to Layer>Layer style>stroke .
stroke.gif

This is what I got after adding the stroke effect to it.
afterstroke.jpg

We are almost done now just add some text on the orange bar like your user name, forum name or anything.

Here is my final result.
signature_final.jpg

I have added a simple border and scanline effect to make it look this way. You can add your own border style, improvize the colors, and use any font type you like.
Final step: Save As to a jpg or gif then upload to your file/graphic hosting service, and put the code on your signature area.

Enjoy ;)

Vei

Veivei

Reaction score
I've seen this at another website.

Yes, this tutorial and lots of similar tutorial can be found in some of graphic websites, forums or free tutorial websites, coz it's not really a brand new tutorial to create a simple forum signature, basicly it's just like a beginner's guide.

KowKing

Reaction score
Yes, this tutorial and lots of similar tutorial can be found in some of graphic websites, forums or free tutorial websites, coz it's not really a brand new tutorial to create a simple forum signature, basicly it's just like a beginner's guide.

Right.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Very Nice tutorial, I'll have to try this someday.