Simple panflet like Style

priyaa161

Reaction score
May be some problem with your website or my connection. It's the second time in last few minute that I got this error message "The Connection was Reset".

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Lotus, the server you are on, is now back up again.
Personally, I don't think two images are enough to properly give your full site info. I would suggest using proper html structure to create links and pages for different sections, i.e. one for contact links etc.
However, if you feel it is enough for your requirements, then fair enough.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
While I like the mouse-over image change, it does not work well in all browsers. I am using Firefox 3.0.19 on Ubuntu and there is a bit of a strobe / shaking effect on mouse-over. It does settle down after a few moments. When using advanced effects like that you may want to use BrowserShots to see how things look in different browsers. Just a suggestion. I am working on a website for a friend who, (despite my advice to the contrary), simply does not want much more than a telephone number and email address on the website. The site is getting a few hits and the site owner is getting a few phone calls and email inquiries, so I suppose something very simple is adequate in some cases.

priyaa161

Reaction score
WOW, that effect was Superb.
in some science fiction movie with alien or UFO involved, some flashing light in the dark is shown, similar effect I can feel when I hold my mouse cursor over that dark image and then it turns bright.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
WOW, that effect was Superb.
in some science fiction movie with alien or UFO involved, some flashing light in the dark is shown, similar effect I can feel when I hold my mouse cursor over that dark image and then it turns bright.
Guess some of my previous comments were inappropriate. I did not realize that the effect I was seeing was intentional.
Apologies to OP and thanks to Priyaa for pointing this out.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
It doesn't look like an intentional effect to me, it looks more like two fades are overlapping with one another; so one is trying to fade the image up while the other is trying to fade it down, hence the flickering effect. If you let it finish fading up, then remove the mouse it will not occur as there isn't two overlapping effects.

priyaa161

Reaction score
It doesn't look like an intentional effect to me, it looks more like two fades are overlapping with one another; so one is trying to fade the image up while the other is trying to fade it down, hence the flickering effect. If you let it finish fading up, then remove the mouse it will not occur as there isn't two overlapping effects.

Don't know much about coding, programing etc but Is this problem very difficult to remove? OP might have seen it but it is still there because he wants that effect or ill effect to be there.

New discoveries are sometimes not intentional, you already know it though.

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Not a particularly difficult thing to remove. Just needs to make sure it is only trying to do one thing at once, so you disable one once the other starts.

priyaa161

Reaction score
Just noticed that flickering effect only take place when we move cursor to that picture and suddenly take it out of it or move our cursor very fast over that image. If you'll take your cursor very slowly to that picture it will not take place.

I don't know whether it is intentional or non intentional but it is uncontrolled or at least not well operational or functional.