Simple problem: Where to upload??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiedup

Reaction score
So I have been able to find some info on the subject matter, but what I need to know is never in the help (below is an example from FAQ) I know it's probably very simple, but I'm clueless :dunno:
  • From cPanel: Login to your cPanel, go to the "File Manager" and from there you can manage your files.
I already knew about all the stuff in the first part of the help, the part I'm having trouble with is the "from there you can manage your files" (The part they don't explain). I click on File Manager and I get four different directories!! I tried uploading to several, but I must be uploading in one of the wrong seven+ folders *frustrated*. I was able to make my own directories on the t35 free hosting and simply upload. Can you do something that simple here??

Here's what I have:
I already have a sample index file that I created in Dreamweaver. On the t35 free hosting site I was simply able to upload the file and see the changes on my site; here I'm doing something wrong and all I ever see are frickin' ads...and no changes at all! There must be a simple way to throw my stuff out there without all the pain and agony, I'm just not seeing it. Heck, if I can copy and paste the code somewhere, that'd be fine with me!

PLEASE EASE MY FRUSTRATION!! :happysad:

istore_admin

Reaction score
You need to put all the files for your website in a file called public_html. It will already be created for you. If you are still having problems than send me a message and I will try and give you further assistance.

Regards,
iStore_admin

flexofire

Reaction score
I too have no idea why my uploading isn't working. I have HTML files in both ~/public_html/ and ~/public_html/www/ and neither of them work. Am I doing something wrong?

tiedup

Reaction score
THANK YOU!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: The home page now looks different! NO ads!!:lol: Hopefully, it's smooth sailing from here. I knew it was something simple... Again, thanks.:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.