Simple question re new adfree package

Status
Not open for further replies.

eN0ch

Reaction score
Hi,

I don't think I'll want to upgrade, as I've recently taken up one of the double thingys on the old plan. I have more than I need with that.

So my question - Will those of us who stick with the old plan be able to stay there indefinitely? Or will we be forced to upgrade at some point?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You stick with your old plan..

eN0ch

Reaction score
Now that's what I call service!!! :) .. So just to be really clear: I can stay on the old plan "forever" if i choose? Yes?

Lance

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
According to the announcement thread:
If you have an account already you do not have to change to this new plan if you do not want to. If you do decide to change you can not change back. All new accounts as of this post will have the new plan. The double all package is available on this plan if you want to upgrade the features. If you want to change to this new plan please open a support thread.

eN0ch

Reaction score
Thanks, Derek. I did read that before, and it may be my obtuseness ;) But it just doesn't put the matter beyond any doubt for me. It certainly makes it clear that I don't need to change now, and also that I can make the change at any time in the future.

Putting all that together, I would deduce the implication that I can stay on the old plan ad infinitum ... but I'm just wanting to confirm that deduction. Can you or someone else confirm that? Thanks.

Lance

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I can confirm that what Derek told you is completely accurate.

eN0ch

Reaction score
Thanks, Carl. I'm sure that Derek's right in what he says - and I'm sure you are too. But I still haven't heard anyone tell me clearly and unambiguously that users with the old plan can stay on that plan "forever" and that there'll never come a time in the future when we'd be forced to upgrade to the new plan.

I thought my question was simple ... maybe it's not as simple as i thought??

Lance

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Seriously, I don't think we would want to upgrade 70000 accounts to a new plan..

eN0ch

Reaction score
Indeed .. but from where I sit it is conceivable that a time could come (in 2 years .. 5 years .. 10 years .. ?) when there are only a few hundred users left with the old plan, and those users are then forced to change. I'm taking it as implied that this would never happen, but I'm just wondering whether someone can tell me for certain.

L

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
All we know is what Corey (x10hosting CEO) tells us, (and other users). In the announcement Corey stated that "If you have an account already you do not have to change to this new plan if you do not want to." I do see any qualifiers or hints in that statement suggesting that users will be forced to change plans in the future and Corey has always been very clear and detailed when making announcements. Having said that, "forever" is a very long time. I hope this eases your concerns somewhat, but it is possible that some member of the staff will see this post and comment on it directly.

Regards,
Carl

eN0ch

Reaction score
OK, fair enough. In other words you guys have told me all you can. Thanks for the patient exchange :)

Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.