Sinology

Tristan

Reaction score
No, it's not what you'd first think. Look the word up in the dictionary.

All in all, I'm quite proud of this little piece. Pretty large, so I'm linking it to avoid stretching the forum tables and such.

The main base image is from Stock.xchng, here - http://www.sxc.hu/browse.phtml?f=view&id=359561

There is actually a picture of a waterfall superimposed on one side, but you can't see it at all...

Rising

Reaction score
sorry to say, its crap, square edges, you can tell where you tried to fade the edges, way to crazy, maybe if you smoothed the letters in more, or searched for 'chinese letter .png' on google images, im just not feelin it sorry man

Tristan

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't understand your meaning. I have not tried to fade anything in there, and if you're referring to the chinese characters on there it's a famous poem.

Rising

Reaction score
The poem, the dragon at the top, the pattern, and the trees just make it look bad, especially the trees, without the depixelation/blockiness, i would like this piece, maybe it was just photo quality

Tristan

Reaction score
They were especially pixelated to give it a more hyper-surrealist feel, actually.

Jochi Rawthor

Reaction score
I think it's an effective graphic piece, but it hurts the eyes a little. The glaring white in amongst the colours and the overall busy-ness of it make it too distracting to act as a background to anything. Perhaps it would work nicely if it was faded out?

Also, it seems a little unbalanced, with more white on the right than the left.

dharmil

Reaction score
its alright but i think there is 2 much going on in that image

Tristan

Reaction score
Well, I don't really go for the peaceful look myself... But maybe I've been watching too many Bela Lugosi flicks.