Site Down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamfg

Reaction score
Hi I'm pretty new here, my x10 site: http://adamfg.pcriot.com seems to spend allot of time with the "domain avaliable" page there, why ?!?! my x10 panel looks to be fine, but I can't log in to CPanel, any explanations or fixes ?

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Well, I see your site when I goto that link, so, Im not entirely sure. Normally the domain available page is because a server hasnt been assigned to a name yet, so it would seem odd it reverts.

If you see the domain available page, that can block you from logging in, as in effect, you're trying to log into the wrong server. If that happens try using http://lotus.x10hosting.com:2082

adamfg

Reaction score
I'm still seeing the Domain avaliable page, thats after a cache purge too... but thanks for the CPanel link, that IS working now, I'm miffed, sometimes I can see it and the people I send links to can't, then visa versa.... this is VERY odd ?!?!?!

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
I cant see any logic as to why your domain would revert to the domain available page.

If you get a time when its not working please try the following (assuming not vista) from a command line

nslookup - ns1.x10hosting.com
adamfg.pcriot.com

and reply with what it says (press ctrl+c to exit)

adamfg

Reaction score
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

> ns1.x10hosting.com
Server: WANADOO-F052
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: ns1.x10hosting.com
Address: 74.86.117.243

> adamfg.pcriot.com
Server: WANADOO-F052
Address: 192.168.1.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: adamfg.pcriot.com
Address: 74.86.117.241

ip of 74.86.117.241 produces the domain avaliable page...
if you use a proxy i.e. http://www.buttarmor.com/ I get the same result, Domain avaliable, however when I use another proxy, it works ?!?!

this makes me think it might be your end since i don't get the unavailable/ unrecognized return

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
you missed the - :p

its "nslookup - ns1.x10hosting.com" which sets the server to be ns1

All that shows is wanadoo has some outdated dns info

adamfg

Reaction score
oops, sorry, here's another one :p

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\admin>nslookup - ns1.x10hosting.com
Default Server: x10hosting.com

> adamfg.pcriot.com
Server: x10hosting.com

Name: adamfg.pcriot.com
Address: 67.228.162.200

>

still "domain available", except on some Proxy browsers... I'm Completely baffled...:dunno:

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
OK, so thats good, that shows we are still handing out the right IP for your site, the question is why wanadoo is not handing it on to you.

adamfg

Reaction score
Wanadoo are now owned by Orange, (not that that makes a scrap of difference) I have no idea why viewing my page is intermittent though... and it can't just be Orange since people trying to view my website have reported the same problem to me ... (I know they aren't on orange, but I cant remember there isp)
Edit:
it's back up again now, talk about sketchy...

Last edited:

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Its going to be hard to offer you a satisfactory answer, but as long as that test using our name server returns the correct IP, be assured we are handing out your IP correctly, why other places maybe caching it or seeing something else I honestly dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.