Site Messed Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPPaintball

Reaction score
Yeah so uh... My site is kind of messed up.

I've got some backups of my own. I tried uploading them myself to no avail.

I guess my last hope is to upload the "Full Backup". However it says that I cannot do this and it can only be restored by my administrator...

I've got the backup-pb-talk.com-11-22-2005.tar file, I guess I just need a way to get it to someone who can put it to good use.... :hsdance:

Domain: pb-talk.com
Username: pbtalk

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
i dont think the server is fully up yet, so dont try to restore your sites yourself yet...

SPPaintball

Reaction score
No, no.... It was fully up. But I pulled a stupid and I killed it. :pat: I left this part out due to embarrassment. :ugh:

The backup that was restored for me was an old one. Like... a month or more.There were a lot of posts missing, a lot of templates missing. Basically a lot of the work I had recently (and stupidly since I knew about the wipe) done was gone. So I tried restoring the mysql database and it all went downhill from there. I think the full backup is the missing piece of the puzzle that will get it to work...

EDIT: I feel like such an idiot right now... I probably just made someone's day. :sad:

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
We can try to restore your account later, once everything else is done and Corey says its stable.

Chirantha

Reaction score
SPPaintball said:
No, no.... It was fully up. But I pulled a stupid and I killed it. :pat: I left this part out due to embarrassment. :ugh:

The backup that was restored for me was an old one. Like... a month or more.There were a lot of posts missing, a lot of templates missing. Basically a lot of the work I had recently (and stupidly since I knew about the wipe) done was gone. So I tried restoring the mysql database and it all went downhill from there. I think the full backup is the missing piece of the puzzle that will get it to work...

EDIT: I feel like such an idiot right now... I probably just made someone's day. :sad:

Ok what did you pull? There might be away to restore it.

feel like such an idiot right now...
Humans are not idiots!

I probably just made someone's day.
If this made someones day he is very wrong. I like to help when some one gets in trouble, not laugf at him.

SPPaintball

Reaction score
Chirantha said:
Ok what did you pull?
haha.... It's my way of saying I screwed up.

Chirantha said:
There might be away to restore it.
Yeah. I've got all the backup files.

Chirantha said:
Humans are not idiots!
I'm an exception. :coolugh:

Chirantha said:
If this made someones day he is very wrong. I like to help when some one gets in trouble, not laugf at him.
:hsdance:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.