Site not loading all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

istore_admin

Reaction score
My website "http://istore.za.net" is not always loading correctly because the website takes too long to load. It was working correctly as "http://istore.exofire.net" and i didn't change anything on the script, but when i changed my domain to "istore.za.net" more than a week ago then it started taking up to 15 minutes load a page whether it has text only or pictures as well. I also tried other websites that are hosting with x10hosting's free hosting and they loaded fine so i know it is not 2 do with x10.
I used: "ns1.x10hosting.com" "ns2.x10hosting.com" for the name domain name servers but is their mayby something else that could be wrong?
Thanks,
iStore_admin
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, Sans-Serif][/FONT]
[/FONT]

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Your site loads fine for me, but it does display a MySQL error. Slow loading times could be down to high demand, but I think it's got more to do with your ISP or your location, the servers are all in the US. These issues wouldn't be caused by your domain configuration though, so I'm not sure what's up.

Is this still happening?

-Luke.

istore_admin

Reaction score
I cant check to see if it is working now as i have been suspended for high server resource usage.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
I have unsuspended your account for you, please can you try now?

-Luke.

istore_admin

Reaction score
It has all come right now thanks. There was a problem with the configure.php page.
Edit:
I thought i had fixed the problem but it is taking forever to load again and i havent changed a thing. I got a dns report for my domain but not sure what it all means. Hope it can help point out the problem. Here it is:

"DNS report for istore.za.net: "

ParentpassNS records at parent serversYour NS records at the parent servers are:

igubu.saix.net. [ 196.25.1.1 ]
ns0.is.co.za.
ns0.plig.net. [ 195.40.6.40 ]
ns1.plig.net. [ 195.40.6.42 ]
ns2.iafrica.com. [ 196.7.142.133 ]
ns2.plig.net. [ 207.162.194.142 ]
[These were obtained from a.gtld-servers.net.]warnGlue at parent nameserversWARNING. The parent servers (I checked witha.gtld-servers.net.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records That may cause some extra miliseconds in DNS. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain NSinfoNS records at your nameserversYour NS records at your nameservers are:

196.25.1.1 Lame nameserver

196.4.160.17 Lame nameserver

195.40.6.40 Lame nameserver

195.40.6.42 Lame nameserver

196.7.142.133 Lame nameserver

207.162.194.142 Lame nameserver
skipMismatched glueSkip comparing the glue provided by the parent servers and that provided by your authoritative DNS servers, as root servers do not provide glue passNo NS A records at nameserversOK. Your nameservers do include corresponding A records when asked for your NS records. This ensures that your DNS servers know the A records corresponding to all your NS records. failAll nameservers report identical NS recordsERROR. The NS records at all your nameservers are different, check the info above for details. passAll nameservers respondOK. All of your nameservers listed at the parent nameservers responded. passNameserver name validityOK. All of the NS records that your nameservers report seem valid (no IPs or partial domain names). passNumber of nameserversOK. You have 6 nameservers. You must have at least 2 nameservers (RFC2182 section 5 recommends at least 3 nameservers), and preferably no more than 7. failLame nameserversERROR: lame nameservers:

igubu.saix.net. [196.25.1.1]
ns0.is.co.za. [196.4.160.17]
ns0.plig.net. [195.40.6.40]
ns1.plig.net. [195.40.6.42]
ns2.iafrica.com. [196.7.142.133]
ns2.plig.net. [207.162.194.142] passMissing (stealth) nameserversOK. All 2 of your nameservers (as reported by your nameservers) are also listed at the parent servers. passMissing nameservers 2OK. All of the nameservers listed at the parent nameservers are also listed as NS records at your nameservers. passNameservers on separate class C'sYour nameservers seems to be in different networks. passAll NS IPs publicOK. All of your NS records appear to use public IPs. If there were any private IPs, they would not be reachable, causing DNS delays. SOAinfoSOA recordYour SOA record is:
Primary nameserver:
Hostmaster E-mail address:
Serial #:
Refresh:
Retry:
Expire:
Default TTL:
passNS agreement on SOA Serial #OK. All your nameservers agree that your SOA serial number is . That means that all your nameservers are using the same data. failSOA MNAME CheckERROR: Your SOA (Start of Authority) record states that your master (primary) name server is: That server is not listed at the parent servers, which is not correct. warnSOA Serial NumberYour SOA serial number is: . This not appears to be in the recommended format of YYYYMMDDnn, where 'nn' is the revision. This number must be incremented every time you make a DNS change. warnSOA REFRESH valueYour SOA REFRESH interval is : seconds. This seems too small (about 3600-7200 seconds is good if not using DNS NOTIFY; RFC1912 2.2 recommends a value between 1200 to 43200 seconds (20 minutes to 12 hours)). This value determines how often secondary/slave nameservers check with the master for updates. warnSOA RETRY valueYour SOA RETRY interval is : seconds. This seems too small (about 120-7200 seconds is good). The retry value is the amount of time your secondary/slave nameservers will wait to contact the master nameserver again if the last attempt failed. warnSOA EXPIRE valueYour SOA EXPIRE time is : seconds. This seems too small (about 1209600 to 2419200 seconds (2-4 weeks) is good). RFC1912 suggests 2-4 weeks. This is how long a secondary/slave nameserver will wait before considering its DNS data stale if it can't reach the primary nameserver. warnSOA MINIMUM TTL valueYour SOA MINIMUM TTL is : seconds. This seems too small (about 3,600 to 86400 seconds or 1-24 hours is good). RFC2308 suggests a value of 1-3 hours. This value used to determine the default (technically, minimum) TTL (time-to-live) for DNS entries, but now is used for negative caching.
Edit:
It did not copy so here is the link to the report:

http://thednsreport.com/?domain=istore.za.net

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you able to set the name servers for your domain?

Status
Not open for further replies.