Reaction score
when i go to my site, ladentsolutions.com this message comes out:

Error establishing a database connection

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Try this:
Go into cPanel ( http://fris.x10hosting.com:2082/ )
Click on Remote MySQL
Add 'int.fris.x10hosting.com' to the list (without quotes)
Then try loading your page again.

If that doesn't work, the admins are also running a script that will fix this problem on all fris accounts.

Humza

Reaction score
Hi ladent,
first check Full Permissions are set for the database then if that does not work delete the DATABASE USER, NOT DATABASE. and recreate it with the same name and password.

Then Post Back!

ladent

Reaction score
Hi ladent,
first check Full Permissions are set for the database then if that does not work delete the DATABASE USER, NOT DATABASE. and recreate it with the same name and password.

Then Post Back!

where can i check for that?

ladent

Reaction score
Hi ladent,

Then Post Back!

i deleted the database user and recreated it afterwards and still nothing. any other ideas?

Fearghal

Reaction score
i deleted the database user and recreated it afterwards and still nothing. any other ideas?

Go to the database config file and make sure the database information is correct. Copy the password from the config and reset the database users password to what you copied.

Also! Remember when you are typing the database name and user that its in the following format...

YourcPanelusername_Name
YourcPanelusername_DBUsername

ladent

Reaction score
Go to the database config file and make sure the database information is correct. Copy the password from the config and reset the database users password to what you copied.

Also! Remember when you are typing the database name and user that its in the following format...

YourcPanelusername_Name
YourcPanelusername_DBUsername

i can't seem to locate the database config file. maybe i'm not looking in the right place. can anyone tell me where i would be able to find tat database config file? thanks in advance

Fearghal

Reaction score
i can't seem to locate the database config file. maybe i'm not looking in the right place. can anyone tell me where i would be able to find tat database config file? thanks in advance

It will probably be in the main configuration file for your site. Look in the root dir of the software you are using, or in any "includes" folders too.

ladent

Reaction score
It will probably be in the main configuration file for your site. Look in the root dir of the software you are using, or in any "includes" folders too.

i finally found it. i looked through the config file and everything seems to be in place. the db name, user name and password are all correct. i deleted the usr name and created it once more and nothing.

Fearghal

Reaction score
i finally found it. i looked through the config file and everything seems to be in place. the db name, user name and password are all correct. i deleted the usr name and created it once more and nothing.

Sorry - I don't think there is much else I can do from here. I don't have access to any of your account information. Have you tried DeadBattery's suggestion?

ladent

Reaction score
Sorry - I don't think there is much else I can do from here. I don't have access to any of your account information. Have you tried DeadBattery's suggestion?

yeah, that's was the first thing i tried
icon9.gif

Fearghal

Reaction score
yeah, that's was the first thing i tried
icon9.gif

Try this one last thing, when I was starting off I had a similar problem and I spent days looking for a solution. I finally realised the database user account did not have the privileges it needed... ensure the account has all privileges.. apart from that I don't know what else I can do :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.