Site offline since update

Status
Not open for further replies.

logansryche

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I'll toss myself in here... ever since the move off boru, my site rycon.x10.mx has been offline. I haven't been able to get into cpanel. Password resetting isn't working either(thought that'd get me into cpanel). Anyone know the true status of all of this?

Last edited:

Piotr GRD

Reaction score
These are the DNS settings for your domain name:
Code:
rycon.x10.mx.		86400	IN	SOA	ns1.x10hosting.com. support.x10hosting.com. 2012080902 86400 7200 3600000 86400
rycon.x10.mx.		86400	IN	A	69.175.121.66
rycon.x10.mx.		86400	IN	MX	0 rycon.x10.mx.
rycon.x10.mx.		86400	IN	NS	ns1.x10hosting.com.
rycon.x10.mx.		86400	IN	NS	ns2.x10hosting.com.

That's mean that it still points to the IP of (not functional already) "Boru" server.

However it looks like it is not only a problem with incorrect DNS records, as if you'll try to send a request for the "rycon.x10.mx" domain name (ignoring the DNS) to the new "Level" server or to any other of the new three servers - in reply we have no any valid webpage but just redirection to "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi".

Last edited:

logansryche

Reaction score
That makes sense however I can't get into cpanel to point it to the right ip - tells me invalid password.

Last edited:

Piotr GRD

Reaction score
This should be done automatically by the administration for all moved from server to server domain names. Especially that this is free subdomain under x10.mx domain name.

But as I wrote - this is most likely not the only problem as even if you'll ignore domain name system and you'll send HTTP request for "rycon.x10.mx" to either "Level" (where your account supposedly should be) or even to "Absolut" or "Vox" (what I did at the time of my previous post and at the time of this my post again for being sure) - the answer of these servers is just a redirection to the "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi", no any valid webpage that would look like it could be yours is served.

Last edited:

logansryche

Reaction score
This should be done automatically by the administration for all moved from server to server domain names. Especially that this is free subdomain under x10.mx domain name.

But as I wrote - this is most likely not the only problem as even if you'll ignore domain name system and you'll send HTTP request for "rycon.x10.mx" to either "Level" (where your account supposedly should be) or even to "Absolut" or "Vox" (what I did at the time of my previous post and at the time of this my post again for being sure) - the answer of these servers is just a redirection to the "/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi", no any valid webpage that would look like it could be yours is served.

Ok so I'm gathering from that then, x10 still has alot of redirecting to do(I don't know, I don't have direct access to the back end). Also I hear alot of people are upgrading from free to get their site files back, then downgrading again. Doesn't make sense tbh. I put in a support ticket for this whole shebang bu haven't heard anything on the matter.

Last edited:

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It seems some accounts weren't properly transferred over during the migration. We're working on finding and fixing all of these accounts. Do you have an open support ticket regarding this issue? If not, can you create one and provide us with the ticket ID # so that we can escalate it for staff with access to the backup system to take care of?

logansryche

Reaction score
It seems some accounts weren't properly transferred over during the migration. We're working on finding and fixing all of these accounts. Do you have an open support ticket regarding this issue? If not, can you create one and provide us with the ticket ID # so that we can escalate it for staff with access to the backup system to take care of?

Open ticket #24445

mickello

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've been offline for 2 weeks...no answer to support tickets..nada. What a stuffup.

logansryche

Reaction score
Nah, the staff's probably sifting through hundreds of support tickets.
Yours and mine just haven't come up yet. Patience is key.

nickybh

Reaction score
Hi
Got the same problem with my site (www.watersidecrib.co.uk) it used to work under this address until moved to sub domain (x10host.com) they had 1 go at changing the dns settings and can now only access under the watersidecrib.x10host.com address which none of the users knows.Also had to change publish settings on my comp from x10hosting to x10host to even get that far .Got 2 open support tickets from over a week ago and finding it all a bit of a pain in the rear!!:(

logansryche

Reaction score
people are failing to realize that being patient is key. If you can't wait, upgrade to get your files back.

Status
Not open for further replies.