Site Resdesign

nightbandit

Reaction score
http://craptastic.exofire.net/

I've decided to redesign my site. I tried going for a simple look this time around. What do you guys think on the look? Oh and does the outline on images look good, or do you think it just looks awkward?

There's only one page up at at the moment, that's the home page. I tried to keep this site fluid, because of that I've decided to resize pictures so that their maximum width is half of it's containing block. Was that a good move or not?

Oh and does anyone know how to keep the image from going into the next post? I was thinking I'd have to give each post a class and then use "clear: both" in my stylesheet. I haven't tried it yet but I'm pretty sure it would work. Can anyone suggest a more elegant solution?

Please post any suggestions you may have. Especially regarding code boxes, blockquotes, links, and anything that I should add.

EDIT:
Ugh, Chopin is undergoing maintenance right now. According to Corey's post there's going to be periods of downtime.

Last edited:

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
I don't like it personally... It looks boring and like it was designed 10-15 years ago. I would go for a more modern look, or something with some graphics because right not it looks boring and just flat.

nightbandit

Reaction score
I don't like it personally... It looks boring and like it was designed 10-15 years ago. I would go for a more modern look, or something with some graphics because right not it looks boring and just flat.
That's the idea =P
Yeah I was thinking about adding graphics but I'm not sure what I should make yet. But as far as colors it's okay right?

Thanks for the feedback.

sourfacedcyclop

Reaction score
Well the gray is pretty boring, and the red in the nav clashes a bit to me. The background is... well white, which adds the the flatness of it. Your header itself if to big for what you have in it, It would shorten it by half or so, to much empty space.

nightbandit

Reaction score
I added graphics, I hope that improves the look. The nav buttons feel out of place though, I plan on making graphics for those too, and maybe the footer. And should I make graphics for the sidebox borders, or does it look good as just solid colors?

Anyways, do you think the change I made is good or bad?

Still no logo =(

http://craptastic.exofire.net

Last edited:

JuniorD

Reaction score
Too many gradients, ribbons make it look messier then what it was with just gradients. Grey doesn't form well with the shade of blue either. Like the layout, but didn't like how you implemented the graphics and ideas. 5/10 (Harsh rating.)