site review

websitedude

Reaction score
I really need some reviews on my site www.igames.x10hosting.com a free online gaming site. any comments will be helpful.
thanks.One main thing i would like help with is gettin visitor who go onto my site to explore the oter pages like my free online gaming section becuase there is a lot of good content on theese pages

Last edited:

adamparkzer

On Extended Leave
Reaction score
You may want to use some borders or contrasting background colors within divisions to better organize your content. Also, you should probably make it compatible with 1024 by 768 screens, as I have to scroll to the right to be able to see the rest of your content.

chris5858

Reaction score
Overall, its pretty good.

IMPROVEMENTS TO MAKE:

• Improve the logo
  • Add a better navigation system - links down the side are pretty bad - some might take them as adds
Question: Where did you get that blue image? That is my background for Outlook e-mails i send. ;)

websitedude

Reaction score
Chris i got that backround from microsoft front page-its one of the themes on the software. Thanks for the contructive comment i will take your ideas into consideration

Last edited:

happyinla

Reaction score
The website is not really well organized. Actually I find it pretty messy. You have to browse here and there and all over to find whatever you need. I think you might work a little bit on that.

I don't find necessary the two (why two?) links to the sitemap. I don't think anyone could be interested on that.

The background too is pretty ugly. I guess you can find better templates online. :)

Don't know. Even the colors look a little bit unmatched to me. And the logo needs some work too.

Sorry if I look a little bit harsh but if i was a visitor, I would not spend much time on your website.

kajasweb

Reaction score
Here is my list of suggestions/comments on your website.

1. Usage of Google Connect Widgets to engage users is a good idea. :cool:
2. Try some colorful and contrasting wallpaper.
3. The Logo is not very catchy and also doesn't looks like a logo. I was searching for it... the one you have looks like a image title.
4. Navigation system needs few improvements ( in size and fonts front )

All the best.

moiety

Reaction score
This probly sounds quite a stupid question but how do you mean?
Your site looks like the attached image in a 1024x768 screen. Some people are still on 800x600, so they'd get even more site chopped off. You can sort this quite easily by using percentages instead of fixed pixel dimensions in the stylesheet/table/however you're laying out the site.

I'm sorry, but your site has some serious problems in my view. If I landed on it randomly, I would just click away because everything looks like text ads. It's instinctive. So. Ways to improve it then:

1) Put the toolbar on the bottom (if you're allowed). The first impression of your site is spammy. And people don't really like downloadable toolbars- they're a way in infesting your computer with nastyware; and at best there's probably a couple of tracking cookies with it. Also, it's in the position where you would expect the banner bar to be; which you would click to go to the homepage. A visitor not paying attention would click on that expecting to go to home and end up on the toolbar site.

2) Your logo. It's awful. Sorry. I've knocked you up one you can use, if you feel like it. (NOTE: the attached graphic is much bigger than it needs to be, so scale it down to suit if you use it. NOTE2: The graphic is in .png format with transparency. This so it gets transported to you without losing quality. You can reduce the filesize a lot if you merge it with your background colour and save it as a JPG

3) Is your site igames or Igames? Because you have both on the front page. Lack of consistency.

4) It's not necessary to put igames (or Igames. heh) on every link. We know where we are...it says it on the address bar.

5) Colour scheme. Get rid of the brown links. Seriously. They look too much like text ads. Not navy blue because that looks like oldskool HTML, not grey or brown because they look like ads. With a white background, almost any other darkish colour is good.

6) The content is too repetitive. I could feel my brain turning to cheese as I attempted to read it. I know you're trying to cram some keywords in, but have some mercy on the humans who arrive on your site.

7) The google friend connect would be better placed at the bottom of your links bar- looks awkward where it is.

8) That HiStats thing is bloody irritating. Kill it. Kill it hard.

9) Gaming sites are usually MUCH more accomplished graphically. A new theme would help.

10) The internal site links need some structure. They're all over the place, and you can't really get an overview of the site's contents. Properly done, the visitor should be able to glance at your site menu and have a pretty good idea of what the site holds. Your internal links are sprayed in seemingly random fashion over 2 menus. Not ideal. Smaller text would help.

I'm sorry it's been such a negative review; but I feel that you have a long way to go to achieve perfection. The above should sort your front page out. By then I may have recovered enough to look at the rest of the site.

Attachments

• screen.gif
    screen.gif
    77.3 KB · Views: 16
  • igames.png
    igames.png
    295 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

jakeselectronics

Reaction score
I like the contact form. It looks very very familiar ;)

I suggest though changing the color.
On my site i have light grey text with dark text area's.
You have text areas with dark background like mine, but black text. No body can see the text!

And your headings are boring.
Looks like something from microcoft word.

Do you have photoshop? or something similar?
If your designing a website, programs like that come in handy.

Hope my comments are useful.

Jake.
Edit:
Oh, and you dont have any links on your contact page back to your main site.

I know you can just press the back button, but people like to know where they are, and where they can go. From any page.

I think.

lol.

Last edited:

websitedude

Reaction score
thanks Moiety whilst reading it i made a few automatic changes which you will notice if you go back on my site.The logo you created for me is great and i may use it but i am currently getting a few people to make a decent logo for me.

gptsven

Reaction score
I don't really like the layout, it's too flat and simple ... maybe add a color scheme?

playminigames

Reaction score
i think you may have some good content, but i dont think that anyone would want to stay because they can just leave and find a much more eye catching color scheme.

I think you need to get a different logo, i can make the same thing in word, if u want i can make you something just send me a pm ill do it for free.

you also need to make the navigation at the top or make it in a box that says navigation at the top of it, because like other people say it does look like ads.

I have a question though, what exactly is the toolbar for, because i can't really see the use of it.

I guess your new at this and its probably your first try, its not bad, but it's not good either.

Good Luck

moiety

Reaction score
That is much better, without a doubt. No damage about the logo- I just offered it as an interim thing while you got your stuff together, and because I happened to have photoshop fired up at the time.

So. Much better. Much much better.

1) "The below links are internal and are not Ads"- you don't need that anymore

2) I dunno what you're using, but usually:
================
menu item --> enter

gets you here for the next menu item

... and so on
================

HOWEVER, if you hold the shift key down when pressing 'enter'
the next bit appears directly under (SHIFT-ENTER)
the previous line; thus making your menu tidier. (SHIFT-ENTER)
and the text could do with being smaller too. Also (SHIFT-ENTER)
a border or background grafik or summat to separate your menu from the (SHIFT....ah you've got the point)
page content. would make it look more focussed.

A billion percent better than yesterday. That looks quite like a website, albeit a basic one. So what's needed?

1) Menu condensing. Smaller text and (shift-enter- did I mention that bit?) less wasted space. It's a grillion percent better than yesterday, but there is a little way to go.

2) The links at the bottom need tidying up, and also making smaller.

3) You want a link to home on every page. Clickable logo with a link to home would do it; but many sites have a 'home' link top & bottom of the page too.

4) Content. Yesterday was just keywords. Today makes more sense, but now I'm getting the feeling that English isn't your first language. India?
Igames is an internet portal with many features like a forum, free and fun online games, videos, profile, gaming reviews and cheats.
I'd use semicolons (;) instead of commas (,) in that list. Profile? Why is that listed?
Igames also has an exclusive internet shop supported by Amazon where we get 5% of the money which goes to improving Igames content.
Your visitors don't give a rat's arse how you make your money- they want to know what's in it for them. Point out that you have an Amazon shop by all means. Describe the contents and wonders in the shop. Don't mention money.
Igames has many videos including 3 channels
huh?
we have many videos from helicopter crashes to top gear
; to start. Also Top Gear. It's a name & therefore has capitals.
We also help people learn what paths to take when creating a website at no cost because at igames we like to support small websites.
Dude. Million percent improvement over yesterday it might be; but you CAN'T offer advice about websites from a site looking like that. Really. De-link the entire web-help section until you have time to do it properly would be my advice:
1) The look of the front page is not yet accomplished enough to make the visitor take you seriously
2) The web-help section is quite ****ed-up. Format, text, spelling, grammar, no button for home...no. Just no.
Igames also gives you free advertising to promote your site with no strings attached. Igames has a free and fun online games section which has over 150 games with shooting games, sports games, car games, random games, skill games, tycoon games ,simulation games,politics games and game arcades plus more. Before you leave our site become a member by creating a profile and sign into our guestbook. Thank you for using igame's internet portal for your needs. Click here to to search all the content on igames internet portal. If you want to contact igames internet portal directly click here. Here at Igames internet portal now only do we develop games we also make software like our igames toolbar!!! It is up to 25% faster then the leading toolbar plus you get a free music download everyday!! Igames internet portal is the place to come for safe gaming .
We now have a toolbar !!!! to download it go on igamesinternetportal . The forum looks like its on a different layout but don't worry you're still on igames. if you would prefer to use igames own forum then click here but it isn't as powerful as the main forum. Igame internet portal now has a direct contacting page click here to use it. The recommended games are our best free and fun online games on this site.
...ran out of time

websitedude

Reaction score
My first language is actually english which probly comes to a surprise to you but the writing on the mainpage was rushed and i was only concerned about getting loads of of keywords into it. My site is now getting to an ok point thanks to everyones comments keep them coming!

Last edited:

moiety

Reaction score
I apologise. Just something about yesterday's phrasing recalled technical support from India.

The site has improved again.
iGames is an internet portal with many features like a forum, free and fun online games, videos, gaming reviews and cheats. iGames has many videos that range from videos of helicopter crashes to Top Gear . iGames also gives you free advertising to promote your site with no strings attached. iGames has a free and fun online games section with over 150 games: shooting games; sports games; car games; random games; skill games; tycoon games; simulation games; politics games and game arcades plus more. Before you leave our site become a member by creating a profile and sign into our guestbook. Thank you for using iGame's internet portal for your needs. Click here to to search all the content on iGames internet portal. If you want to contact iGames internet portal directly click here.
Still reads as a bit spammy but you've definitely got your keywords in.
We now have a toolbar !!!! to find out more find more about our toolbar <--huh?. igames internet portal now has a direct contacting page click here to use it.

We have a forum where you can talk about any subject that comes to your mind or get technical help. We also have help for website starters which includes promoting your site on igames, for more information on that email oliver321@hotmail.co.uk

Logo- looks blurry. Hint: work on it 200% size and reduce the size as the last thing you do...comes out sharper that way. Also the logo looks more 'photocopier sales' than full-on frantic gaming, but that's just an opinion.

Left navigation menu: could still do with reducing the text size and getting rid of the lines between items. I have to scroll down to see it all- shouldn't have to. Also, some menu items start with capitals, others with lowercase. That makes it look scruffy.

On the subject of scruffy, the links at the bottom are a bit all over the place. You could improve the look a lot here by making the text still smaller. Also, dropping the 'games' from most of the links...it's unnecessary and you can add your keywords in on the mouseover. I'd do it by separating with pipes, so the menu would look something like:

igames internet portals games:
Car | Shoot 'em up | Sports | Politics | Tycoon | etc

See? Looks much tidier.

And the same with the bottom-most menu.

Once you have the frontpage to your liking, save that as your template, and then just paste in the content for the rest of the pages and 'save as'. This will give you a consistent look across your whole site, which currently is missing.

Your google thing is broken

I think that's all. Hope that's helped.

EDIT: Contact form. Black on black. Can't read it.

Last edited:

websitedude

Reaction score

playminigames

Reaction score
ok the search engine, you should have by the navigation in every page, and on the page its on now doesn't need all those complicated terms, it will just want a user to leave and go to a different website. Also you dont need your own banner on your site

eltonyliu

Reaction score
It very retro, like being back in 1995. Back in the Day!

No one make sites like this anymore! LoL

I'm just teasing you

My advice is to you is to Buy Head First Web Design, this will help you build a better site

Last edited: