Site/server speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

slight

Reaction score
I'm finding that the performance of my pages is varying hugely. About 1/4 of the time pages load in reasonable time (i.e. less than 5 seconds). Often however they take unreasonably long to load. Frequently as much as 90 seconds. That's obviously not viable. A few questions:

1. How can I determine if the cause is an issue in my site or on the x10 infrastructure?
2. Are others seeing this?
3. Is this purely a side effect of free hosting (you get what you pay for)? How much better would this be with a paid account?
4. Suggestions for root cause analysis?

Thanks

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site (on Stoli) loads pretty quickly for me right now.

There are sometimes intermittent server issues/slowness on free hosting because of possible server abuse (due to high number of accounts), which are stopped relatively quickly. In addition, staff are sometimes performing maintenance in order to improve service. This is shared hosting so server resources are shared between all the accounts.

Paid hosting has significantly less number of users on each server, so its much faster and has a 99.9% Uptime Guarantee.

Last edited:

slight

Reaction score
I have a number of pages on my account. The simple ones (just HTML) are much faster.... even during the slo wperiods. But I've been building a number of pages with wordpress (and therefore MySQL), and those are just painfully slow a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.