Site stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmlerner

Reaction score
I can't FTP, access the control panel, or even access the site from a browser. It was working. What's going on here? When can I expect it to be fixed?

GantiX

Reaction score
You're not the only one I cannot access either of my domains that are hosted by x10. I understand this is a free host but the ammount of problems x10 has been having is getting really damn annoying.

belltown

Reaction score
According to http://status.x10hosting.com/, absolut is under attack. It seems to have been down most of the day. I thought the changes we went through over the past few months were supposed to help shield us from such events. I guess not.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
According to http://status.x10hosting.com/, absolut is under attack. It seems to have been down most of the day. I thought the changes we went through over the past few months were supposed to help shield us from such events. I guess not.

The changes were designed to help shield from an internal attack from what I can tell; DDoS's are hard to prevent in any case, but the majority of the changes being done were A) to make the server faster, and more importantly B) to help avoid us getting on another mail-blocking filter. Making the server faster doesn't help much in the event of a DDoS though :(

belltown

Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, but I'm curious about whether the paid hosting services are equally vulnerable to such attacks, or is there something about the way the free hosts are set up that make them more vulnerable?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Far as I know the paid ones aren't as vulnerable but I'm not 100% sure what actually helps mitigate it on paid. Probably a good chunk of it is just that there's that much less -initial- load on the server because there aren't as many accounts on them to begin with, so the server needs a lot more to push it over.

That's one I'm not 100% sure how to answer though; I'm sure paid is still vulnerable but I'm also sure it's not -as- vulnerable, but why eludes me entirely >_<

xdevhald

Reaction score
This is a fun one!

Nice to see someone is enjoying themselves lol.

P.S The flood of spam on my Apple blog explains the issues that we are having. Had over 20 comments of garbage pending....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.