Site Suspended thanks to FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
1.- After reading the FAQ I followed the link of the backup http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...d-before-posting-new-thread-2.html#post695424 so I tried to make a backup of my site, i followed the instructions and got stuck compressing the site folder, then i try to look my site and was suspended. I go to the control panel and says, "You have been suspended for high system resource usage" Why didn't the FAQ warn that i'll get suspended if I try to make a backup of the site because using that feature will cause a lot of cpu usage :( now I got 1 warning I shouldnt have gotten... theres no way to remove that warning?

2.- Is there a way to check my CPU usage ? i dont want to get suspended again, i have no idea how much cpu is my site consuming.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The warning will still show up in the suspension history, but in the actual suspending system it will reset back to 0 after a short period (from experience it's either once a day or after a few hours) - it's mostly there to avoid having someone get suspended, do the unsuspension, and repeat. It's not a permanent warning either, especially as HRU is not permanent, even if you would happen to get to Warning 3 - at Warning 3 it just means we have to unsuspend it manually and identify the script(s) causing it.

At the moment we don't have a way to display the CPU usage in real-time, but if you give me a few minutes I can retrieve the log of what caused it.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah it was the backup you were running it looks like; I added a note to the FAQ which probably should've been in there.

The way around this would be to use FTP - download the entire contents of public_html to a local directory, and then on your home system compress that folder instead to make it easier to manage, or leave that local directory the way it is. This should avoid HRU cause it won't actually be trying to compress anything; the drawback is it'll take a bit longer, but it would be able to do it without suspending :)

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
thanks god xD i was a bit scared of this, i dont want to lose my site I think it only has 1 week running... well many thanks for all the info! I'll the backup then trough the ftp but before this, can I download the compressed file generated before ? weighs like 90MBs, is it too heavy and may cause a suspension too? :rolleyes:

Hope you can implement a CPU graph or something in the future, I would like to see if my site will perform good if I get more users to use my site :tongue:

Thanks again ^^

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
You should still be able to download the file it made before, but it might not be a completed file. Part of the problem with some zip files/compressed archives is they make their "table of contents" first, but if they get stopped partway through, it just tells you it's corrupted.

Nothing stopping you from downloading it to find out though - thankfully file transfers take 0 cpu, and bandwidth isn't counted in High Resource Usage :)

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
Ok, then i'll better delete that file and just download the whole site uncompressed ^^

Thanks a lot and have a nice day :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.