Site Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalpain1749

Reaction score
Hey you guys.
I just created my free hosting site on here, and it gives me these errors when I try to get into the site.

c592b.png

That is the first one I get, then I click 'Cgi-bin/' and this happens

5f21f.png

Can somebody please help me? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

Does anybody know? Please help.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you upload your site yet? That Index of / page means that the account is empty inside the public_html directory. As for the cgi-bin, cgi is disabled on all free hosting accounts due to past abuse, so you can just delete that directory as it's not needed for your account.

royalpain1749

Reaction score
Did you upload your site yet? That Index of / page means that the account is empty inside the public_html directory. As for the cgi-bin, cgi is disabled on all free hosting accounts due to past abuse, so you can just delete that directory as it's not needed for your account.

And exactly how do I do this?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You could use ftp, or login to your cPanel, click on file manager, and then upload your site inside the public_html directory.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you click that button at the top that says upload? It looks like you're inside public_html. All you do is click that button that has a folder icon labeled Upload and then upload your site's files through that.

What kind of file did you upload already anyway? Your picture shows it to be empty (0 bytes), and when I click on it when I visit your site, it wants to download.

Last edited:

royalpain1749

Reaction score
Ok.
So the file that was in my public_html, I download that, and then click upload, and then upload the thing I downloaded? ^^

If so, I just did that, and now it says Starting Upload... Did I go correctly?
Or did I goof again :p

Edit: I obviously goofed..
77a32.png

Another edit..
Do you have Teamviewer? If you don't, it lets you access my computer screen so you can do it for meh :L
Easy download also. Teamviewer.com/downloads

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Where did you download it in the first place?

royalpain1749

Reaction score
Ok, what I did was I uploaded a 'New File' in the top left corner.
I entered the URL.
Double clicked
Downloaded
Uploaded on the cPanel page. :l

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Um, what you did was create a new file, and then named it your site's url. All you've been doing was downloading an empty file and uploading it again. When I gave you these instructions, I was talking about a site you already made and stored on your computer, and you can upload that into your hosting account.

When you created a hosting account here, what were you expecting to find in it? There are many programs to choose from in Softaculous to make your site with. And you can also make your own site by writing it using html and/or php.

Last edited:

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Let's start with this. What did you want to do with a hosting account?

royalpain1749

Reaction score
I wanted to create a forum site, for helping people out if they run into errors while making ISO Discs for Grand Theft Auto.

I hope that is what you're asking ^^

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I do think that making ISO discs for GTA is against copyright law. Should you do this or anything similar in your account, it will be permanently suspended and then deleted.

You can however, have a forum as long as you follow the TOS that you agree to when you signed up for a hosting account. I suggest that you take a quick re read through it. It's not long and it's not complicated, it's in plain language for anyone to understand easily.

As for getting a forum up on your site, go back to your cPanel page, and then click on Softaculous. It has a selection of forum software for you to use on your account. Choose one and click on install. If you need help setting it up after you've installed one, go to the forum's official site for support. There are usually help docs, faqs, and maybe even a support forum for their own product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.