Sites down-how long and when completly finished?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jade852

Reaction score
Hi,

i am aware that the servers are being upgraded...what i would like to know is

1 . how long appox this will take ie.days/week/months?
2. Are there any other upgrades/ changes still to be done after this one?

need to know to determine if i stay with your free hosting as i need to be doing work on my sites as my yellow pages adverts are now published and i may start to loes business as sites are down alot.

would appreciate someone who really know telling me these answers please. Perhaps pass it on to ADMIN to get a true answer.

thanks very much,

jade

markhere

Reaction score
Highly unlikely you will get a definitive answer to your query probably will take days not weeks for upgrades

joejv4

Reaction score
Not so sure... This has been going on since the end of January.

It would be really great if some formal announcement were to be made with specifics as to what type of upgrades are still yet to be done and when they will be done, and when this entire cycle of upgrades will be finished and service will get back to normal.

Now, before someone jumps on and says "look at the service alerts board" or "check news and announcements", the problem is this: The service alerts board does not get updated whenever there is a problem, and rarely in anything close to real-time. The news and announcements board, doesn't tell us when to expect outages or problems on which servers, rather, it gives some very vague information that "upgrades are going on".

I realize that this is a "free service", and that, it is, what it is. I also realize that the staff is jumping through a lot of hoops to upgrade things to make the service better. The problem, from my point of view, is that communications regarding all of this stuff and what we should expect to happen with our sites, is sorely lacking.

Chances are, that a few well-placed and well-timed posts would dramatically cut down on all of the support threads that get continuously posted, and be cause for much lower levels of frustration among the user population.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.