Sites on different than English languages

r-laeda

Reaction score
Sorry, may I know. why I can't create site on non-English language?

Site will be absolutely lawly (about managed operating systems and nanaged code platforms) without any unrecomended content etc.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
You are allowed to have another language as long as you have a direct word by word translation to English, Spanish, or French and the language is easily switchable without registration.

r-laeda

Reaction score
You are allowed to have another language as long as you have a direct word by word translation to English, Spanish, or French and the language is easily switchable without registration.

may I use google translate script?

priyaa161

Reaction score
I also want to know that can we have translation in poor English. I'm having problem with English.

Edit: Can you also post the link to the thread where such problem is explained by staff.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/105026-language-rule.html

Effective for December 1st 2009, Google Translate and other automatic-translation services were blocked because they rarely translate properly, and in quite a few cases I remember seeing did not function properly (such as clicking "English" but having it not translate -anything-).

It's also in the TOS:

3. Languages
At this time x10Hosting only supports English, Spanish and French websites on free hosting, these restrictions do not apply to paid hosting. Sites found breaking this rule will be permanently suspended.

The TOS was also updated to reflect it is now a Zero Tolerance suspension - if you have content in a language not supported by the TOS, you run the very high risk of being permanently suspended.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
At this time x10Hosting only supports English, Spanish and French websites on free hosting
I need to make sure I understand this correctly. The TOS do not have any wording about "a direct word by word translation to English, Spanish, or French and the language is easily switchable without registration" (no automatic translation service).
Is it acceptable to to use a language other than English, Spanish, or French on a free hosting website "as long as you have a direct word by word translation to English, Spanish, or French and the language is easily switchable without registration"?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Is it acceptable to to use a language other than English, Spanish, or French on a free hosting website "as long as you have a direct word by word translation to English, Spanish, or French and the language is easily switchable without registration"?

Yes.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks Calistoy. I am sure that answer will help myself and others here as well.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
ya as i remember the staff said the reason for this was because they didnt have any one on staff that could speak languages other than those listed so they had no way to police the sites.