Skeleton folder in cpanel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketan.dhallu

Reaction score
Sir plz help i searched everywhere but i didnt find the skeleton folder in cpanel

my username:ketan
domani:ketansblog.co.cc

plz help me i didnt find i anywhere

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
What do you mean by skeleton folder??

Last edited:

ketan.dhallu

Reaction score
i want, because i want to allow users to create their own profile in my website
i want to learn it plz help me!
Edit:
well according to me a sekleton folder is a special folder in which whenever we create files in that folder,
and when we create subdomain or say www.abc.com/username

this username folder should be created in the public_html folder

the the files added in the skeleton folder will be automatically added to that username folder

did u get it?
Edit:
okay

100 credits for whoever answers this question

plz help me

Last edited:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
http://docs.cpanel.net/twiki/bin/view/11_24/WHMDocs/SkeletonDirectory
Edit:
50 credits for those who give complete and correct answer

You can`t access that.
Skeleton Directory: A directory that defines what files and subdirectories new accounts will have by default. When the account is created, the new user’s account will contain an exact copy of the skeleton directory.

The following lines state that it is an administrative option. That is only available in WHM. not cpanel.

Last edited:

ketan.dhallu

Reaction score
but is there any way i can do it

if i pay $$ and have a vip account or anything
Edit:
or can i overcome this

or is there any other way i can do this?

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You don't have user account creation privileges, so access to the skel folder doesn't matter. Also, web users shouldn't be getting system accounts. You'd better create your own account system for the site, which means you can implement your own user system and account templates.

Since you'll be responsible for your users' activities, you'll need to ensure they don't break the X10 ToS. This is the real reason to get a VPS: you don't need to worry so much about over utilizing resources.

CWeb Creative

Reaction score
If your talking about making a user site you will need a cms such as drupal which will let your users register for the site then post in forums and things. If you are looking for a reselller hosting account then you have come to the wrong place. If indeed you are looking for a forums or cms system for forums i recommend mybb or phpbb. For a cms i recommend drupal.

P.S. There are only one way to get full admin privelages on whm, that is to get a vps as has been said. To make other hosting accounts look for a reseller account.

Status
Not open for further replies.